part of the family

We have been working hard the past few days. Well I have been working as hard as I could with a broken arm. While the cowboys ride out me and rip are still saddling our horses, well I am watching rip saddle My horse normally I would ride out with the cowboys but since my arm broke I have been staying back with rip, we ride out a little bit later then everyone else. It's been about 25 minutes since all the cowboys have ridden out, something was wrong with the main house I could tell.
    "Hey rip somethings off." I say confused.
     "What do you mean darlin?"
      "The house rip look." There was some broken glass and the door was wide open.
      "Oh shit, shit ,shit" rip said grabbing the gun he had in the back of his pants. As a car sped off down the driveway.
     "WAYLON REMEMBER THOSE PLATES" rip yells running towards the main house. I stand for a second and say the plates over in my head, then I run after rip.
     "You stay behind me you understand." Rip whispered. I give him a nod. Rip starts going through the house and I am not far behind. Taking the next corner rip gets the gun knocked out of his hand and a man jumps on him. While rip is fight the two men on him other man jumps out and grabs me. I wiggle my way out from his grasp and run to the gun. He grabs me again and I kick him hard. Rip already had one of the men dead on the ground. Running to the kitchen I grab the nearest knife turn around and stab the guy 3 times. After that I just paused as the man falls to the ground. I here 3 shots ring out and rip runs around the corner. He runs up to me and takes the knife.
    "Oh darlin." He says gently putting his hands on my cheeks.
     "John, rip.....the duttons." I said with a shake voice. Rip looks me up and down to make sure I am ok. Rip grabs the gun and we run up the stairs past the two dead men rip just killed. Rip runs to John bedroom and we see him lying there with gun shots.
   "Shit, Waylon go start a truck." Rip says picking up Mr. Dutton. I run down the stairs and grab keys to a truck I jump in the driver's seat and rip runs out the front door with Mr. Dutton. He opened the back seat and puts him in. He jumps in the front.
    "Go, the nearest hospital is an hour away." He says
     "Rip he won't make it an hour." I say my voice still shaking and I still had blood all over me from the man I stabbed. Rip picks up his phone and calls kayce.
   "Kayce the house was broken into and your dads been shot, he ain't going to make it an hour." Rip say In the phone.
   "Shit, where are you I will send a helicopter?"
    "Umm just uhh meant us in pastor 17, we will be there, kayce your looking for a....." He puts the phone to my ear and I tell kayce the plate and the color. Driving as fast as I could I saw the helicopter coming and drove through the fence to where it was landing.  Rip jumped out the truck and got Mr. Dutton out the back, we gave then off to the helicopter and it pulled away. Rip walked back to me and we just hugged, as I cried in his arms.

____________________________________________

  Getting back to the house all the cowboys were back and confused.
   "What the hell rip?" Lloyd yelled to us Both of us all bloody.
   "They fucken came after him." Rip said back.
   "What? John?" Lloyd said back
    "Yeah Lloyd there is body's inside get rid of them." Lloyd gave rip a nod and kayce pulled in, and ran up to rip.
     "Fuck, this is a mess rip." Kayce yelled.
     "Yeah I know, I know."
      " rip did she?" Kayce questioned looking at me.
      "Yeah she did." Rip said looking down. Kayce grabbed him by the shoulder.
       "She isn't branded rip."
        "No kayce she is not." Kayce gave rip a look and rip nodded.
        "I will talk to her and after Lloyd's done we will take care of it." Rip said walking back to me.
       "Come on we have to talk." Rip said walking back up to the same hill from a few days ago.
     "Waylon wait you just did......" Rip says to me. I cut him off and say "I have to get branded don't I?"
     "Waylon it's not that simple, I think you should just leave now, because damn when you get the brand you...."
     "Leave in a body bag, I know rip." I say interrupting him again
     "No Waylon you don't I think you should go damn it, because the last thing you ne...... I grab his shirt and pull him into a kiss, I pull away and say "rip I am not leaving the best life, job and people I have meet, brand me and make me apart of this family." He gives me a look, like this Is a bad idea but he pulls me back into another kiss.

____________________________________________

After Lloyd gets rid of the body's, me,him and rip hike into the woods. It was dark then and rip puts the brand into the fire.
   "Waylon last chance this is your time to leave." Rip says
   "Do I need to kiss you against to prove I am staying?" Lloyd laughed and said "I knew it." He handed me a stick and I bit down on it and pulled my shirt down. Rip pressed the brand down and it hurt like hell, but damn it felt like a new home.