This place loves me more then you do

Early in the morning I couldn't find my cowboy hat. I paced around looking for it, while the boys all sat and drank there coffee, rip was in here drinking coffee with us which was odd cause he doesn't normally do that. They were giggling
   "Where the hell is it?" I said to them
    "Where is what?" Ryan said
    "My hat damn it." I say back
    "Oh this hat" Lloyd says handing it back to me
    "Yes damn that hat." I say relives it's not gone. But there was something inside it an envelope. I sat down my hat and opened it up.
     " HOLY SHIT NO WAY!!" I yelled, it was a pro card. The boys all laughed at my early morning language.
     "OH MY GOD thank you guys so much!!" I say in pure joy. I wondered why rip was in here " rip did you have something to do with this?"
   " it was his idea Waylon" Jimmy said
   " Well you said your next rodeo was in a  Couple of weeks and I figured why not have your first race pro then, the first one that counts."  Rip  said in a tired voice.
    " Thank all of you thank you guys so much." I say looking at all of them. They all finish there coffee.
     "Well guys let's get to work." Rip says walking out the door.

____________________________________________

      Back to working on the fence, it was pretty quiet, I injoyed being out here because when I had to go into town or to a rodeo my mom would constantly try to call me. Which is weird because just a few days ago she didn't want to talk to me.
     "Waylon hey come on." Rip yelled to me mounting his horse. I walked over to Fred and mounted him
     " where we going?." I asked back
     "We have to run into town to grab a few things If you don't mind coming with." Rip said back
      "Uh sure yeah." I say riding back to the ranch with rip. We got in one of the yellowstone trucks and wow were they nice way nice then my beat up old pick up. As we got closer to town my phone started to blow up with texts and missed calls.
     "You gonna answer that or just keep letting it ring the whole time." Rip said almost as if he was annoyed.
       "Yeah yeah sorry let me silence it."
     "If you don't mind me asking why don't you just answer, is it an old boyfriend or something?" Rip said carefully because he didn't know who it was.
    "Its my parents they well its kinda like they don't want me to be here or rodeo or be a cowboy, they want me to come back home and go to college to "do something important. I was really good at school and soccer but I hated it so as soon as I turned 18 I left."
     "Well as long as your doing something you love why aren't they happy for you?"
     "See thats my point, but I don't know, how about you, your family." He looked at me and gave me a laugh, a sad one I could tell I hit a button. "Sorry you don't have to talk about if you don't want to."
     "No no its fine Waylon I just.... don't think it's something you wanna here about." Rip said back kinda softly.
      "I am here to listen rip."
      "How about I will tell you, only if you really wanna here, you will call you parents back and talk to them."
     "Ok fine deal." I said shaking my head.
      "Well buckle down cause it's kinda a long story." I turned towards him as he was driving and I was completely ready to listen.
      "So when I was younger I didn't really have the best life, one day my mom's ex,my dad came back and decided it was going to be a great idea to beat the shit out of us. He beat my brother to death, then my mother so I cracked his scull in with a frying pan. Then I ran to a barn pretty far away till this guy found me and called the live stock agent. That live stock agents name was John Dutton. He found me gave me a sandwich and asked if I could ride. I told him I could so he gave me a Job at the ranch. I don't have a driver's license or a birth certificate and I don't know when my birthday is, I wasn't really super to be born."
     " holy shit rip I am so sorry." I apologize
     "It's not you fault Waylon it's not anyone's fault but the peace of shit with the same last name as me, and you know what the best money I ever spent was 5,000 dollers to dig up his grave and throw his bones out the window." I gave rip a look and he gave it back. I couldn't really describe it. We got into town and rip said "I am going to run into the store, you should call your parents while you wait."
     "I think that's a great idea." I say sarcastically. I walk around the corner of the store. And pick up my phone. The call back button was the last thing I wanted to press but I did. It rang and rang and rang intill.
    "Damn it Waylon we thought you were dead. "
     "Yeah sorry I was working and have been busy."
       "Working were huh."
     "The yellowstone Dutton ranch."
       "As a God damn hand, Waylon we told you."
      "Mom you know what, that place loves me more then you two do so yes as a hand, and I won my last rodeo. And my coworkers got me a pro card so my races start to matter. I am staying out here because I am happy and got if you can't be thankful for that then I don't know if I can call anymore."
    "Waylon at least give a text before and after races and please some updates."
     "Yes mam I think I can do that."
     "We will just have to wait I guess, for us to prove you right."
      "Well mom when my rodeos start going on tv and I start making big money, I will send you some of it and maybe I can prove you guys wrong." I said hanging up the phone. I walk back over to the truck and rip gets a call.
       "Damn it ryan I think that's a terrible idea, yeah yeah fine whatever." He says hanging up angerly
      "What was that all about?" I ask him
       "The boys what to come out drinking because it's a Friday." He said rolling his eyes.
       "Well looks like we have to go to keep them in line." I say laughing at his anger.
        "Get in the truck, Waylon." I laughed because he clearly didn't want to do this.