Do you mind

I woke up and my face hurt like hell. I got my coffee and sat with the rest of the cowboys before we had to go off to work. Rip came out same as yesterday and said the plans. Today we were going to be building a fence. We rode out to the location and started working. Oh crap there is a rodeo today. I remembered.
   "Lloyd hey, there is a rodeo today and I need to get there I am trying to make enough money to get my pro card so my races start to count, do you think rip would let me go early?" I ask
    "Miss Waylon I don't pay you enough?"  A voice I haven't heard before said. I turned around and it was Mr. Dutton.
    "Umm no no sir you pay me perfectly sir." I say with a panicked voice.
     "Sir is there any problem here?" Rip asked Mr. Dutton.
      "No no problem Rip miss Waylon would like to leave because there is a rodeo today." Mr Dutton said.
     "Yeah rip I umm need to start to get more money so I can get my pro card and there is one today that I need to get to its local though , I  will work later tomorrow if I need to." I say
     "How about this Waylon we all cut it today and we go watch." Rip says and Mr.
Dutton agreed. We all rode back and I started to pack the trailer. Rip walked up to me.
    "Hey Waylon need any help?" He asked
    " umm yeah sure I could use your help if you could brush Fred while I pack I would be very thankful." He nodded and grabbed the brush and walked to Fred.
    " and rip I am so thankful for everything you have done for me even in the past week, a week ago I thought I was going to have to go back home and my parents would have provided me right, but you offered me a job and defended me and now is letting me race."
    " Hey it's my job to care I care about my hands and I think you really do have potential, I will be cheering for you in the stands quietly but just know it's a lot more inside." He said laughing. That was the first time I heard him laugh. I liked it a lot and soon after he stop laughing I missed it. No no no Waylon stop right now he is you boss, he does not think about you like that I fought with myself internally.
     I was packed up and I got In my truck. All the boys packed up with me and followed me to the rodeo.

____________________________________________

The Duttons the cowboys and rip all sat in the stands. I was nervous I was about to ride infront of both my bosses and all my new coworkers,the men I am living with. There were to more girls infront of me so I decided to call my mom. It rang and rang and rang and I swear she wasn't going to pick up. But finally she did
   "Hey mom I just wanted to call before it's my turn letting you know I won my last race and I got a job, I am about to race again and I need to win this to get my pro card."
    "Waylon if your trying to get us to send you money again it's a no you will learn you are taking a useless path in life."
     "I don't need your stupid money anymore ok I am doing just fine." I said hanging up again.
     It was my turn and I was fueled with rage my mom doesn't get that I don't want to be a stupid doctor or lawyer, no I want to ride and that's what I am about to do I am going to win and going to get my pro card. I hope up oh Fred and we warm up. "Alright Fred this is our chance, prove mom and dad wrong and maybe score some brownie points at the ranch." I saying patting him at the gate. We race out of the gate and make our first turn perfect, the second barrel wobbled but I held it up. Fred speeds up and makes the best turn he every has on the third barrel he sprints back and once again I hope off and give him a few pats. After 3 more runs they announced the winner. WAYLON RICHARDS the man yells over the speakers. "YES YES YES WE DID IT FRED." I say to my horse. Walking over to the table to cash out my check and get my new fancy buckle. I walk up the the stands to go sit down with the cowboys.
    " miss Waylon, that was quite impressive, that was your second race won?" Mr. Dutton asked me
     "Yes, yes sir it was."
      " Well you looked great out there, thank you for letting us come to watch."
      "Anytime sir thank you for watching." I replied walking towards Lloyd.
     " damn kid that was great congrats on the win again." Lloyd said
      " thanks Lloyd, did you see on the second barrel it almost fell but I kept it up my heart was betting so fast." I said laughing.
      " I bet,....great job, I was Uh cheering for you." Rip said as he walked up behind me.  Lloyd gave me a look and walked away. So I turned towards rip.
      "Oh thanks Rip I appreciate it, I am just a few away from getting my pro card." I said happly.
        "Hmm well when's the next rodeo?"
       "A few weeks from now I think."
        " Well I will be there, cheering you on." He says with a grin.
        "Yeah uh thanks see you back at the ranch." I say walking away quickly. When we get back to the bunk house the boys play poker like they always do.
     "Hey Lloyd come here."
       " yes Waylon" he says walking over to me.
        "What was the stupid face you gave me before I starting talking to rip?"
       " Oh nothing there is just a look in you eye when you heard his voice misses Richard's." Lloyd said laughing
      " no Lloyd there is not a "Look in my eye" Alright Lloyd just chill."
        "Ok then Miss defensive, whatever you say." Lloyd still laughing walks away.
I lay down. I think about how me winning I proving my parents wrong and how happy my 5 year old self would be right now, but I also think about what Lloyd said I mean a look in my eye, I laugh and try to just forget about it.