First important one

After the bar fight and rip being stabbed we really didn't talk a whole lot. I checked on him a lot to make sure his wound was good, and it was he was healing well. It has been a week and it's rodeo day. I have been practicing every chance I could and I learned that rip loves watching. Ever time I practice he and Lloyd are siting and watching me. I practices after work and days when the boys would go to the bar.

____________________________________________

"Waylon you ready?" Rip says leaning on the corner of my trailer.
   "Oh look he speaks" I say laughing "and yes I have never been more ready this Is literally all I have practiced for."
   "Yeah well darlinI will be cheering for you, you know that."
    "Quietly I know." Rip laughed
   " Well then good luck, come find me after the race we will get either and celebratory or a upset drink."
    "Hell rip I will be happy if I place." Rip smiled and walked toward the stands. And I grabbed Fred for our warm up. We did a few laps. The duttons,governor,the cowboys were all here watching again. It was my time up. Out the gate fast Fred ran around all three barrels and I got my best time I have ever had I got 2nd which is great for my first race that counts toward pro. After packing Fred. I went to the stands and sat next to rip. Everyone told me congrats and rip handed me a beer.
    "I say this is pretty celebratory I mean 2nd in your first counting race great job."
    "I vote celebratory." I say laughing. Watching the rest of the rodeo was great but me and rip talking again I would say is better.
    "Waylon I am sorry about not talking to you much the past week I just feel like you might have needed some time to settle."
    "It's fine rip I am just glad you are healing up nice and I think I did need some time you know to process, everything."
    "Yeah and if you ever have any questions about the brand or me or anything you just ask ok."
    "I will rip it's just I do have to ask you something."
    "Yes Waylon?"
     "Could you teach me how to rope."
     Rip laughed and said "of course I can teach you how to rope."
     "Thanks rip."
      "You want any help packing up Fred?" He asked me
      "I would love some help." I smiled at him and he smiled back. Walking back to Fred, rip grabbed him and but him in the trailer.
     "You know barrel racers have a stereo type." Rip said
     "I am sorry, am I not living up to that."
     "No, you are just less and that's good."
      "What do you mean no?"
     "I mean when you yelled at me to stop the truck in the middle of no where, and then yelled at me to let you help me."
      "You where hurt." I say looking up at him.
       "Hmm." Rip said looking back
     " did it hurt?" I said putting my hand over the spot where his brand would be.
      "Hurt like hell ,only for a little, but it's worth it, it gave me a family I never had."
     "Hmm." I say copying his response from earlier.
      "When is your next ride?"
      " I don't know yet I am going to stay local for a long while intill I get really good so a few years." I say laughing
      " honestly I think its going to be sooner then you think Way, I gotta get back we both do got work in the morning."
      "Right see you back at the ranch." I say getting in My truck, putting my head to the steering wheel I say to myself. "Damn it Waylon it's been less then 3 weeks and you alright falling for you boss." I have always had a thing for older men even though rip Is only in his mid thirtys it is still a fairly big gap. Getting back to the ranch. Lloyd came over to me. "Hey Waylon Mr. Dutton would like to see you he's on the porch of the main house." I nodded. Why the hell would Mr. Dutton like to see me. Shit I did something wrong I thought. Walking up there i was nervous.
     "Sir?" I said walking up the steps. I saw rip next to him which for some reason mave me panic more.
     "Yes sit please." I sit down into the chair and I am worried. "Me and rip have been talking and we would like to offer you something."
        "Offer?" I say back
       "I need to get the Dutton ranch name out there and I figured rodeo is the best way to do that." I look at rip confused and he gave me a very brief smile. "I would like to sponsor you Waylon, you would race under our name and you would make extra money for it." My eyes lit up
      "Yes yes of course Mr Dutton I would love to have this ranch as my sponsor." After talking some more and sighing somethings. Rip and I were walking back to go to sleep.
       "This was your idea wasn't it?" I say to rip
       "I might have gave him the idea." He said back
        I stopped and hugged him.
        "Sorry that was unprofessional."
      "Hell screw professionals come here." Rip said as he hugged him. "Thank you so so much rip."
      "Darlin you gotta stop saying thank you."
      "I can't rip I am so damn greatful for you." Rip laughed and dropped me off at the bunkhouse.
      "Get some rest cowboy." Rip said giving me a pat on the shoulder.
     "GUYS GUESS WHAT." I yelled to the bunkhouse
      "WHAT" they said back
      "I JUST GOT SPONSOR BY THIS FRICKEN RANCH"
       "Holy shit thats huge Waylon congrats." The boys said handing me a beer. Rip smiled from outside the door and think he might have a problem.