Always have been a fighter

The next morning we woke up just as Lloyd said, early and I was ready for the day. We all walked to the barn and I saddled up Fred and walked him out of the barn after getting on rip came out and told us the plans for the day.
    "Alright we are moving the cattle out to pastor 9 today" Rip yelled as he began to ride off and we all followed. Moving the cattle was actually really nice other then when Jimmy let his side go. I caught on fast and we got all the cattle to pastor 9. Riding back rip rode up next to me.
        "Hey Waylon, have you done this before?" He asked as I slowed Fred to a walk.
        "Umm no but I am a quick learner, also Lloyd gave me a little crash course."
      "Well you did better then jimmy and he has been here for months, Waylon I think you are going to fit in just fine here." Rip said as he picked up the pace on his horse. When we got back I put up Fred and met back up with all the cowboys. It was about dinner time now and we were starting to walk back to get dinner. The two cowboys named Colby and Ryan were arguing infront of me. They turned around and Ryan said "let's ask the newbie, what was your name again?"
      "Waylon, and ask away."
      " so do you think that if me and Colby were fighting who do you think would win?"
       "Well no offense Colby but Ryan's got a little more muscle to him and I would think he would win."
       "No way. Whatever I would win and you know it." Colby replied whipping around amd keep walking on.
        "Thanks kid you did good today by the way." Ryan said giving me a fist bump.
          "Thanks Ryan." Ryan walked on and jogged to keep up with Colby. I was walking a little slow then everyone else when all the sudden someone grabbed my arm and turned me around. It was one of the hands I didn't know the name of yet but I am pretty sure it's the one Lloyd told me to watch out for. "Hey whats your problem" I yelled
      "Come on baby,you've been eyeing me all day." He said
       "No,no I have not now get off me." I said angerly
        "Oh sweetheart come on don't play hard to get." He was closing in the space on me and I didn't like it.
         "Back up or your going to get punched." I say very sternly. When he didn't stop closing in, I did exactly what I told him I would I gave him a right hook to the face and he stumbled backwards. He stood back up straight and slapped me hard. It made my eyes water and my face sting. "Bitch" he yelled so I hit him again right in the eye. "HEY WHAT THE HELL." I heard someone yell from over by the bunkhouse. This time he didn't slap me he punched me right in the nose and made my nose gush blood. Finally someone runs over and hits him right In the face. It was rip and the rest of the bunkhouse was not far behind him. Rip was beating this man and yelled "YOU KNOW THE RULE DAMIT IF YOU GOING FIGHT SOMEONE YOU FIGHT ME YOU UNDERSTAND."
       "Wait rip, I started it." I say my nose still with blood running down my face, and on to my shirt, my hat was on the ground but Lloyd picked it up.
         "Yeah you heard her she started it." The man said on the ground
         "I don't care who started it you have been here longer and know the rule." He said and then walked over to me. "Listen to me now if you wanna fight on the ranch you fight me not anyone else got it." He said very sternly. I shook my head and he told Lloyd to go help me take care of my nose. "Go on all of you." Rip said. But I saw put of the corner of my eye rip held back the man I just punched.
      " Jimmy is no longer cleaning the stalls you are, maybe you will learn." Rip told him
       "Hell no I ain't doing that, screw this I am leaving." The man yelled storming back to the bunkhouse. Up the hill he saw his boss John Dutton the owner of this ranch. He walked up to him.
       "What the hell was that mess rip?" John said as rip got up there
      "Well sir gerry seems to think that it's ok to fight the new girl and I know for a fact that the new girl didn't start it, gerry does it at bars to he is overly confident with women."
        "The new girl, what's her name?"
       "She is the barrel racers sir her name is Waylon."
       "Hmm you think a girl in the bunkhouse is a good idea?"
       "No I don't but we need help and she can give it, bit sir she can clearly hold her own, also sir gerry would like to leave.... he has seen a lot I think it would be best to take him to the train station."
        "Rip you run the bunkhouse it's your choice, you know that."
         "Yes sir." Rip said walking back the the bunkhouse.
         Lloyd was helping me with my nose as gerry angerly packs his things. Rip walks In and slams the door. "Lloyd come here I need to talk to you." Rip said walking back outside. Lloyd patted my knee and followed.
       "Gerry would like to leave and I need you to take him to the train station." Rip said to Lloyd.
       "I will get my coat." Lloyd said laughing. Lloyd walked back in and said "let's go gerry I will drive you." As gerry walked out the door that's the last I ever saw of him. Rip walked in after I heard the truck pull away and walked toward me with tissue in my nose and ice on my face.
     "How you doing?" He asked
      " I am fine not the first time I have had to take care of an asshole." I say back with a slight grin.
       "Get some sleep cause tomorrow's we get back to work." He said walking away with a grin just like me. I think this ranch might be just what I needed.