First race back.

Waking up at 4 30 with rip, we grabbed our coffee and saddled up our horses on the ride out to the camp.
      "Hey, Waylon what is today?" He asked me.
       "Uh I don't know rip, a Tuesday, I think, why?"
      "Waylon, today's the day you get you cast off."
       "Oh shit, your right, I gotta start practicing again." Getting to the camp, rip walks over to Mr.dutton.
   "Sir, Waylon gets her cast off today." Rip says to him.
     "Oh really, when's the next rodeo?"
     "Uh, Waylon come here." Rip yells to me.
      "Yeah?" I say jogging over.
       "When's the next rodeo?" Rip asked me.
     "Uh I think Saturday next week."
      "Rip do you think you could get her ready before then?" Mr. Dutton asked rip.
      "Sir, what about her job?"
       "What cowboying, well rip we sponsor her, she works rodeo and here, she got two jobs it's time for her to work towards the other one, while we are up here, she practices get her ready."
      "Sir what about me?"
       "Oh rip you also have two jobs here, cowboying and taking out my trash , you will still be here every morning, tell the cowboys what to do and the other job, I will call if I need you." Rip nodded. And turned back to me.
      "He doesn't mean actually taking the trash to the garbage can does he?" I ask
      Rip laughed "No darlin, he does not."
      "So I guess I am practicing for a week then."
       "Yes and after the next rodeo you can go back to cowboying." I shook my head and me and rip mounted our horses to go get the cast off.

____________________________________________

   3 days into practicing I was getting tired and angry, it was hard getting back into something you haven't done for 2 months. We had 4 days left intill my race.
     "Rip, there is no way I can make it into this rodeo." I say annoyed.
     "Yes yes you can darlin, just keep going make mistakes and you and Fred will fix them." Rip says

____________________________________________

It was rodeo day and I had packed all my things up, mr. Dutton has come back from camp with Lloyd to watch me. They are going back out after. When we got there I had to say I was nervous, I was at my trailer getting Fred ready. I feel rip come up behind me.
    "Your going to do great." Rip says turning me towards him. "Don't get your reins tied, and focus." He said kissing me. I nodded my head. "Goodluck darlin, trust yourself." Rip walked back up to the stands and sat next to Lloyd and Mr Dutton. 
   "Rip... I thought you didn't want any love struck cowboys?" Lloyd asked him.
    "You know what Lloyd." Rip said back.
    "Better you rip, then anyone else." Mr. Dutton said back.

____________________________________________

I get on Fred and give him a pat. Out the gate we come around the first barrel a little sketchy,but keep it up the second barrel went great and the third went even better we ran back and that was one of the best times I have had. I put up Fred and go to the stands waiting for the rest of the girls to go. I pass these 2 guys that were giving me weird looks but I just keep walking on towards rip.

____________________________________________

"That right there, if we want to start to get rid of yellowstone, we start with her." Man 1 said pointing to me. I had my back turned so I couldn't see then point.
   "You think?" Man 2 said
    "I think that she is there sponsor."
     "Hmm."

____________________________________________

"Congrats darlin, that was a great run." Rip says as I sit next to him. I grabbed his hand and he put his on my thigh.
  "I agree that was great, a winning run I would think." Mr. Dutton said. After all the girls went I was told I won. I grabbed my check and buckle. I saw those same two men again,but once again ignored it.
  "Come on let's go get a drink." Lloyd said to all of us.