my dreams

Since I have gotten to yellowstone its been a few months and I have won quite a few races since then. Rip and me have gotten pretty close between him helping my learn to rope and while I practice barrel racing. With the ranch being my sponsor, I have been getting a lot more attention at the rodeos, people really are starting to love the ranch because I have been winning. I have another rodeo today and it's a fairly big one its in Wyoming and Mr.dutton and Rip and Lloyd are going with me. Riding in the truck with one guy who hates music and wants to listen to the air conditioning. One who can only talk about work and his problems, and one who loves telling stories was a great time for 2 hours. It wasn't to bad though since rip likes all the people in the truck.
     "Mr. Dutton I thought, you had a lot of work to do?" I asked him
     "Yes Waylon I do but I just want a few days off, someone always needs my help." He said back.
     "Rip you remember that one joke you made when you were like 23 after you dated the one barrel racer." Lloyd said
    "No Lloyd I don't remember all that way." Rip said back sarcastically.
     "You said you would NEVER EVER EVER haul around another barrel racers shit." Lloyd said laughing.
     "Yeah well that girl was fucken crazy and I hauled her stuff twice before I told her we were done, and me and Waylon aren't dating and I do have to say I injoy watching her." Rip said back
     "Why thank you rip." I say laughing at Lloyd.

____________________________________________

  Around the first barrel great, around the second, but I got twisted up on myself and around the third barrel we turned weird and I heard a snap. I wasn't focused on that but we made a great run. I winning run, we won our first out of state race. I jump off Fred and it hit me my arm hurt really really bad.
    "Shit, shit, shit!" I say holding my arm. Rip runs around the corner "great run Waylon you won." His eyes change when he realized something was wrong. "Waylon, hey are you alright?"
  "No shit, damn, it's my arm I think it's broken." I say back, he runs over to me and gently grabs my arm.
   "How the hell did that happen?"
   "My reins got twisted and then we took the third barrel weird and I heard a snap."  I say
    "Let's get you to the medic." Rip says still holding my arm
    "No no I won rip, let's go get that fucken buckle."
    "God damn It, fucken barrel racers." Rip says back with a smile. We walk over to the table and grab the buckle and the check.
    "Now come on damn it" Rip said as Lloyd and Mr. Dutton walk up to us.
    "Congrats kid." Mr. Dutton say to me
    "What what the hell is wrong kid?" Lloyd says
     "She snapped her arm coming around the third barrel." After getting to the medical area and them telling me it's broken and giving me a cast we packed our things and got on the road.

____________________________________________

  "I am sorry Mr. Dutton, I won't be able to race for at least 2 months." I say in the back sit of the truck.
  "Don't be sorry kid, you won, and everyone needs a break every once and a while." He says back
   "Well everyone needs a block in the dreams." Lloyd says "it happened to me plenty of times while riding broncs and countless medical bills Mr. Dutton had to pay."
   "Those fucken bills Lloyd dug a hole in my pocket, and I told you to stop riding and then you got right back on the damn thing." Mr. Dutton said, and rip laughed. These 3 men in the car I have learned have been the best thing to happen to me since I got to Montana and they don't even know it.

____________________________________________

  "Woah what happened there." Ryan asked when I walked back into the bunkhouse.
   "I broke my arm." I said back.
    "Damn can you still work?" Colby said
    "Yeah I can still ride a horse, can't rope or race for 2 months though."  I said walking to my bunk and laying down. "Oh but I did get this." I said holding out my new buckle.
   "HELL YEAH YOU WON?" Colby said existed.
    "of course I did." I said back in a cocky way. The boys all laughed and rip walked through the door.
   "Waylon come walk with me." He said turning back out and shutting the door.
   "Damn are you in trouble?" The boys say laughing.
    "I don't think she is in trouble." Lloyd said in a way that made the boys all go OooOoo.
    "Shut up all of you." I said walking out the door.
     "They giving you problems?" Rip asked
     "No, no they are just being teenage boys." I say back laughing
      " so they are just being normal then." He said with a grin.
      "Yeah you know it." I said grining back. "So what's this whole walk thing about?"
     "I don't know I just figured, darlin you moved away from you family ran off to Montana been rodeo got a job made some friends got a sponsor, got into some trouble, and just won you first out of state rodeo, and broke your arm. And I don't think not once in all of that, that you have just taken a walk." He explained
    "I guess not, you know this place is gorgeous, other worldly almost."
     "No Waylon this place is what the world is suppose to look like, everything outside of it I other worldly." We have been walking for sometime now and got up to a nice hill over looking the place and we sat down.
    "You know we could lose this place." Rip said
     "Is that why Mr Dutton is so stressed?"
     "Yeah and the reasons he gave you a sponsor, to try and keep this place running, someone is all trying to take it."
     "Well something this Beautiful I understand."
    "No they are trying to build a city around it."
    "Thats crazy I mean look at this place."
    "They don't care about the beauty, because they don't work it like we do." There was a long pause after he said that."I am a bad man, and I will do what ever I have to, to protect this place and the duttons."
     "I don't think you a bad man rip, I just think you do exactly that protect, does that really make you bad?" I say looking at him.
     "I don't know...... all I know is the terrible things I have done to people."
     "Did they deserve it rip?"
      "Yes."
      "Then I don't think you bad."
     "Your the first person to think that."
      "Cause other people don't see this side of you."
      "Yeah, I guess I just found some crazy barrel racer to bring this side of me out." He said looking back over at me and smiling
      "I think your right rip, I needed this." I said softly. "I should get back you know before the boys think we are up to no good."
     "Ah that's what they were giving you a hard time about."
    "Yeah there fucken annoying, they think I have a stupid like crush on you." I say standing up and starting to walk away.
     "Well do you?" Rip asked me, and my cheeks turned red.
    "Goodnight rip." I said still blushing,
     "That didn't answer my question." He yelled. Walking back into the bunkhouse the boys were still in the same spot I left them. "How did you little chat with rip go?" Ryan said laughing
     "You know what Ryan It went great."I said back. The boys all laughed.
     "You kiss the boss yet?" Colby said back
     "No jackass I didn't." The boys all laughed. "Screw you guys deal me in." I say sitting down to play poker. Well do you? That question keep replying in my mind.