what does it mean

Pulling into the bar I see the other yellowstone truck. It was pretty packed on a Friday night which makes sense. Walking in a tell rip " Hey if you get drunk I will drive home, I an not a huge drinker."
     "Neither am I, my only job here I to keep my cowboys safe." He said "I never think mixing fake cowboys with real ones is a good idea."
     "That is fair, do you guys normally go to bars?" I asked
      "They try to but ever time it ends up being a big problem."
      "Oh this sounds like it's going to be a great time."I say sarcastically over the music to rip. We spotted the cowboys and they ordered me and rip a shot. I pick it up and turn towards the live band they were playing the kind of music you dance to. All the cowboys found someone to dance with while me and rip sat back and watched.
     "You a big dancer?" Rip asked me
      "Yeah Danceing is not my thing." I replied
     "So if I ask you to dance you would say no?"
      "No, rip I didn't say that I said danceing is not my thing."
     "Hmm alright then Waylon would you like to dance with me." I give him a eye roll and take another shot.
    "Fine but just for fun."
     "Thats all it is." He said leading me out to the dance floor. As we stood and swayed to the song I see Lloyd across the way give me the same stupid look he gave me at the rodeo.
     "Rip.... I feel like all I do is thank you but God you deserve it thank you so much for the pro card."
      "Your welcome, I thought that you need that step I your life you know." He gave me a shy smile. As the song ended we chose to go sit back down. "Hey I an going to the bathroom, will you watch the kids for me." He said laughing
      "Yeah sure thing." I said laughing back, I didn't know that big bad tough rip had a sense of humor. Sitting at the bar a man with one of the stupid hay hats came up to me. I could smell the Alcohol in his breath. Of course soon ad rip leaves
     "Hey hunny you look like you wanna have some fun." The man said to me
      "No, I literally want nothing to do with you." I say back
      "Oh no no I don't think you understood I wasn't a question you were supposed to answer."
      "Well I did and I said no so goodbye."
       "Hey baby just shhhh." He said closing the distance. Good damn is it the hat, or my hair what is it with man trying to get in my pants that I say no, I don't even dress like a whore, I just dress normal, pair of jeans, boots and a long-sleeved button up.
        "For the last time I said back off!" That time I said it pretty loud all the sudden I don't see the guy anymore. No I just see rip jump oh the guy and punch him.
       "She told you no didn't she?, huh what did she say." Rip said as he stood the guy up to look at me. "Tell her your sorry damn it tell her."
         " I am very sorry mam and it won't happen again." He said quick and apologetic.
         "Now fuck off." Rip said as he let go of the man. And he ran off.
         "Waylon when I told you to watch them I meant watch yourself to." Rip said sitting back down.
       "I had it under control." I say sternly
        " I am guess that's why you punched Garry then to huh?."
         "He got what he deserved yes, is it because I am tiny or what?"
          "Well darlin your what 5'3 at most you have very pretty brown eyes and brown hair, I say respectfully you have a nice body and your a firecracker, of course guys are going to try and get your attention." I paused he called me darlin.... he called me darlin. I shook myself to wake back up. "Yeah yeah I guess." I say back. All the sudden there I a stir in the crowd. "IS IT THIS GUY HUH." I see a man yell next to the man that rip beat up early.
    "Oh fuck ." Rip said quietly. The guy ran up and stabbed rip.
     "OH SHIT." I yell "LLOYD LLOYD" Rip grabs the guy spins him around and knocks his head on the bar table. Lloyd and the rest of the cowboys came rushing over and all hell breaks loose. Everyone is fight someone. Rip knocked out the guy that stabbed him and then yelled "YELLOWSTONE WE GOTTA GO." We all rushed to the cars and drive off.

____________________________________________

  We drove for about 15 minutes and the adrenalin wore off.
     "RIP PULL THIS TRUCK OVER NOW." I yell we were in the middle of nowhere.
      "WHAT WHAT IS WRONG ARE YOU HURT."
      "NO BUT YOU ARE PULL OVER NOW."
     "I AM FINE."
      " RIP YOU HAVE A FUCKEN KINFE STICKING OUT OF YOUR BODY, PULL OVER." Finally complying rip pulled the truck over and I hopped out, went to the back and grabbed the medical kit. Rip was not far behind and I opened the tail gate. "Sit rip now." I say setting it the medical kit down.
        "No Waylon I am fine."
         "Rip I am not getting back in that car till you sit down."
        "Fine walk."
         "Rip."
         "Fine fine." He said jumping up on it.
         "This is dumb." He said rolling his eyes.
          "Take it off."
           "What off?"
           "Your shirt damn it."
            "Right." He takes off his shirt and he is lucky that the knife is not huge. While working on the knife I look at his chest and arms. He is quite muscular and has quite a bit of hair on his chest. But then I saw it what was that, it was a large Y over his heart, the Y to the ranch.
        "What is that?" I say looking at the Y.
        "It's a brand."
        "Well yeah why is it there?"
        "All the hands that are criminals at the ranch get it, it's also a way to say that we never ever leave and of we do we leave in a body bag."
         "Jesus that's not aggressive at all." I say
        "Yeah Waylon it's pretty much saying that the ranch can trust us and we will forever have a home." I yank out the knife and rip groans after stitching him up we got back in the truck.
         "Happy now?" He says
         "Very thank you."
        "No thank you." The rest of the drive was silent intill we pulled into the ranch.
       "Rip who all has the brand?" I ask him
       "Jimmy, Lloyd, Mr. Duttons youngest son, and me." I shake my head and walk to the bunkhouse.
        "If you have any problems with the wound, let me know." I yell to him
       " I will darlin." There it is again darlin.