A1C3: Sticky Hands

A loud ringing in my head woke me up early. seconds later, my alarm clock rung. "Huh. I woke up early for once." I whispered under my breath. I got up and something felt different. Did my clothes shrink? It feels as if the buttons on my shirt are holding on for their life, that's weird. I walk up to my mirror and saw how tight my shirt was on me. confused I reached out wondering if it was a dream, touching the mirror. "It feels very real to me. huh." I try to let go of the mirror but it wont, instead I was able to grab what I thought was quite a heavy mirror off the ground. "What the hell??" After some effort I was able to take it off my hand, of course it had to fall face flat and break though, but then I accidentally stuck my hand on a book from my desk, now I'm trying to take that off my hands. "Why are they so damn sticky?"

I was able to rip the book out my hands but then I realise, I was upside down. YO WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME I thought to myself.. Why are my thoughts so LOUD. I kept my hands on the ceiling, scared to fall. "Y/N honey? Is everything okay? I heard a loud bang". "YEAH I'M FINE MOM, I JUST UH.. FELL" I replied. "Oh honey are you okay? do you need me to go in and he-" she said as I cut her off, "NONONO IT'S FINE MOM I GOT IT". "Alright if you say so" She responded. I slowly tried crawling back down the ceiling and somehow was able to land safely on the floor. Was it the spider from the lab? I sat down and gave myself a few to think before cleaning up my shipwreck of a room.

A few hours had passed since the incident, I'm getting the hang of controlling the stickyness, I think. I just gotta.. relax. I went to my bathroom to take a shower, looking into the bathroom mirror with my clothes off this time, I saw that I had grown abs, my shoulders were definitely broader, and I might be slightly taller? Not sure. I face the shower and opened the curtains and.. they fell on the floor. I seem to have broken the curtains from ONE tug. Yeah I'll fix that later, I really need a shower and cool down from all this.

Luckily, it was a Saturday. Good thing Midtown High only allows field trips on weekends I guess. I have alot more time to figure this all out then. I grabbed a notebook and tore a page off, and started writing down points. "So.. Spider-Stickiness? Spider-Strength? What else could I have? Oh. Spider-Punctuality probably. This scientifically does not make sense, but I'm not gonna question it and hurt my head further." I wrote that down the note and hid it inside my bag.

I honestly don't know what to do with these powers. I *could* go and draft for the military and help the country or something.. wait no what if they experimented on me? Yeah not risking that. Well maybe the powers will go away? Yeah I'll just practice controlling this power until I lose it, maybe. Anyway maybe I could go and climb to a rooftop or something?

I went and found an alleyway with a decently tall building. "Okay Y/N.. You got this. totally." I whispered to myself. I put my bag down and started climbing. Left hand, right foot, right hand, left foot. "I'm getting the hang of this!" I looked down to see my progress and I then realised how scary it was to be that high up. "okay yeah maybe not the rooftop. Not yet." I climbed myself back down and called it a day. Suddenly as I was walking out the alleyway, I felt something ringing in my head again, like its warning me. A man in a hoodie ran into the alleyway and almost hit me as I dodged him perfectly on time. I turned around, "Hey what's your problem man watch where you're-" I looked around, he was nowhere to be seen. Did I imagine that man? Maybe what I got is Spider-Hallucination.

Mom's not home yet, I'm alone for the whole day today I guess. I went back home and grabbed my skateboard to go do the usual, hit skateparks, sneak in abandoned places now and then, try not to get caught. I love the silence these abandoned places give me, and some of them are mad good skate spots too. 4 hours later I'm back home, Still alone. Even with powers it's still just boring old normal days I guess.

Back at the alleyway

The cops have been hinted that there was a loose bank robber near the area, only to find nothing, until an officer heard a muffled noise coming from above. A hooded man was stuck on the side of the building, covered in what seems to be webs.

TO BE CONTINUED..