A1C14: Late Night Schoolwork

I arrived at the hospital nearest to Central Park. Gwen was on the rooftop, waiting for me. She crawled down the side of the hospital, pointing into a window as I followed behind her. About a few dozen, with their whole arms and legs forming like a reptile. Some with parts of their face, and others grew a tail. "This is horrible." I gasped in shock. "They look like they're in pain. It seems like the tank Connors and Peter used was to make sure they didn't have to go through this part of the transformation." Gwen replied.

We climb back up onto the rooftop, when gwen suddenly cringed, "Eugh. What is that smell?" I sniffed myself and figured out it was the sewer smell from earlier. "Sorry. I fell into some sewer water fighting one of the lizards. I hope the smell doesn't stay for long." I admitted. "One of the lizards? what do you mean lizards? Theres more than the ones in the hospital?" Gwen asked.

I started explaining to her everything that had happened, and how Connors might've started the experiment early already testing on some of his former coworkers. "So I got us this sample of the Lizard transformer. Hopefully we can reverse engineer it into a cure. We need to go to Midtown though, we could borrow the lab there." I handed the sample to Gwen then checked the time.

"It's 6PM. The school should be empty by now, let's go." I jump off the hospital building, and we swung towards Midtown High. We snuck in through the vents and reached our science lab. I turned the lights on and the lab equipment was still there, We both changed into regular clothes so if we get caught it would look like we were just students working on a late night project. "It's really peaceful at this time huh? It's all quiet and empty, very unlike the Midtown High we know thats always bustling with people." She softly mentioned. "Yeah, it almost feels creepy that it's this quiet to be honest, Gwen." I replied. She grabbed hold of my arm and whispered in my ear, "Don't worry, I gotchu, you don't have to be scared." She smiled abit with abit of red in her ears. I couldn't help but blush feeling her warm breath touch my ears too.

"Anyway- The cure!" I cut the awkward silence out, grabbing a few flasks, a microscope, along with some test tubes, and a centrifuge

"Anyway- The cure!" I cut the awkward silence out, grabbing a few flasks, a microscope, along with some test tubes, and a centrifuge. We used the centrifuge to break down the components of the sample, Then seperated them into different plates to look under the microscope. figuring out how it bonds together with my own blood, and maybe figure out how to reverse the bond.

A long few hours later, after a bunch of testing, and little bits of procrastination, we were able to find the perfect solution for the cure. We wrote the recipe down in hopes that we could mass-produce the cure in a small scale. We got all the chemicals we could find and started working on replicating our new cure, wasn't quick for a two spider team, but we make it work. We had made enough cures for a few dozen people, making sure to leave one vial seperated to give to the hospital just in case they need more than what we have.

"Good job, Y/N." Gwen softly slaps my shoulder and yawned. "We should go rest. It's really late. Need me to take you home?" I asked her, then she just lazily nodded and climbed on top of me from behind. "Hey- I meant swing to your house together because mine is closer-" I blushed, caught off guard by how comfortable she is around me, already basically asleep on my back, "Fine, you owe me one Gwendy." I grabbed her legs and lifted her up higher on my back, then webbed her hands together to make sure she doesn't fall while I swung.

I tried swinging as gently as I could as to not shake her up too bad, reaching her house after about 10 minutes, and sticking onto the wall right next to her bedroom window. "Hey Gwen, we're here. Wake up." I shook her up and took my webs off her hand, she seemingly woke up and grabbed onto the wall, still semi-holding onto my back, leaning her chin on my shoulder. "You're not gonna stay over this time?" She lazily spoke into my ear. "Not this time, Gwen. We shouldn't be staying over at eachothers too often anyway or people would get the wrong idea."

She slowly crawled away from me and towards her window, then looked at me and pouted, "What people?? No one would know. I wanna cuddle." She continued, still pouting at me. Honestly don't think shes even awake at this point it's like she was sleepwalking and wasn't herself. "Next time, when I come by I'll stay over. Okay Gwen?" I tried convincing her to let me go nicely. "mkay fine next time. Ish a promise" She replied and slowly opened her window, and crawled into her bed. I shut her window behind her and swung back home.

The moment I got home I checked to see if mom was home. "No sign of mom, time to go absoultely destroy this suit with some detergent." I went to our washingmachine, and turned it on with my suit inside, before pulling it out after then putting it inside the dryer. I sniffed at my suit and gagged from the stuck smell. "Yeah I called it, it'll take a while for the smell to fully be gone. At least its a little better now though." I put the suit back into my bag and called it a day.

Meanwhile deep in the sewers

Connors, Weakened from toxins building up in his body from the salt, was in the form of half Lizard, with his left hand and face being human flesh, but his right and whole body was still reptilian. Although he had his mind back, his body still wasn't his own to control. Later, a few lizard people crawled right in to the same depths Connors and his Lizard counterpart dwell. The same way The Lizard had control of Connor's body, It had control of every lizard person too. And on the floor Connors saw the very same document Y/N had dropped before being pounced in the makeshift sewer lab. it said, Project: King Lizard. All Connors could do was watch.

TO BE CONTINUED...