A1C5: Spider-Man

The night peter died, I cried. I thought to myself if I had more power, I could have saved Peter, or at least helped Spider-Woman. But then it hit me, I did. I've just been hiding myself like a coward. I want to be like her. School has closed down for the week so I took my time and locked myself in my room, trying to recreate that web-shooter from the Spider-Woman's Wrists. It took trial and error but I finally got it. I finished the Web Formula. by the end of the week I had a working (Kinda) Web-shooter.

I dug around my wardrobe for an outfit, and all I had was a black turtleneck shirt, black Joggers, and a Beanie. I cut holes into the beanie for my eyes and put some large sunglasses on top of them. Ran out and started climbing up the same alleyway I was once scared of. Reaching the rooftop I look down and it felt as if the earth was pulling me down to fall off the edge. I gritted my teeth and readied myself, moving back for a running start, I ran and shouted. "AAAAA!" But before I could jump I hesitated and stopped myself, and tripped down the building. "It's now or never, Web-shooters!" I tapped the button to zip a Web onto the side of a building, It was strong enough to carry my whole body weight as I swung from building to building, almost hitting the walls at times.

The feeling of air and G forces on my body, The adrenaline of falling and rising, The speed and momentum I get from the swinging, it was nothing like I've ever experienced. It was better than the excitement of a rollercoaster. Not long after, my body got used to the webs, I was hitting where I needed to aim, I was swinging perfectly and when I did go of course and almost hit the wall, I've learnt to run across the wall instead of just flat out hitting it. I was getting tired as I could barely breathe in the stuffy beanie I wore though, so I took a turn and was on the way back to my house.

Suddenly my sense tingled and warned me about something. There was a robbery happening and as the new Spider-Man I had to help. I zipped in and landed perfectly into a roll and into a perfect pose. "Anyone interested in being my tutorial level? You guys seem like you have the perfect requirements for this job." I knew that punching anyone full force would probably destroy their bones so I held back, mainly knocking them out and web zipping them to be taken in to the cops later.

Although it took a while, I did capture everyone and returned the robbed items back to their owners. I should write a note for the cops.. "Hey! anyone got a pen and paper?"

I finally reach my home, luckily no one was here so I was able to just waltz right in the front door. Going up to my room and getting used to my agility and powers, I started drawing on my sketch book and thinking of spider-suit ideas, reminding myself that Spider-Woman's Suit looked really cool. I wonder if she has a personal Spider-Tailor for hers, it looks well made.

Another Week passes and school had started normally again. Harry was still nowhere to be found but Gwen seems to look a lot better. Now without Harry and Peter it's just me, Gwen, and Liz hanging out together. Of course I'm back to being late to everything again as I'm balancing Spidey-Stuff with School, but my grades are more than enough to help with late classes. "I miss him, Y/N." Gwen said in a soft voice. "I know. I miss him too." Me and Liz held onto Gwen together to comfort her.

I've finished my "proper" Suit, throughout the week I've been looking for the right cloth and watched youtube sewing tutorials everyday to finally finish my suit. (Self Suit Insert). As I heard cops getting dispatched to a bank heist near Midtown from my laptop that's tapped into the cops communication, For the first time ever I put on the new suit, and opened my bedroom window to jump out and swing to help keep the neighborhood just a little safer.

Another Month Later

"OKay, let's do this ONE last time. MY name is Y/N L/N. And for the past month, I've been the one and only Spider-Man". I swung from building to building but then suddenly, mid-swing I was hit and caught inside a web stuck to the wall. It was the same hooded figure from the night of the dance. "Who the hell are you??" She pressed. The moment she got closer, both our Spider-Senses took off and almost.. synced us up in a way. "Wait... You're like me."

TO BE CONTINUED...