A1C9: Scientist Gone Rogue

The Lizard was throwing tables and chairs, everything it could grab it did. Gwen was knocked out and I was dodging obstacles left and right, trying to talk sense into him. "Doctor Curtis Connors! You're a scientist! You have a family! Don't do this!" I shouted at him when he walked closer to try and claw at me. I was able to dodge his attacks, jumping over him after a missed grab I webbed both his arms while above him, landed behind him and pulled as hard as I could to stick the end of my webs onto the floor. He broke free almost immediately, and swung his tail to hit me, and knocked me a few desks away from him.

"It's no use. There's no human in me anymore. Only this new and improved form of mine, and the urge to kill." He scoffed and said to me, running towards me on all fours and mouth open. "This isn't you doctor! You have to stop!" I yelled back at him, zipping myself back up onto the ceiling barely dodging his bite, and pleaded "Don't make me have to hurt you. Please." The Lizard chuckled with his creepy growly voice, "Hurt me? Nothing could hurt me right now. That's how much better this form is than your pathetic, fragile, human flesh."

The Lizard jumped on the ceiling and stuck on it trying to grab onto me when I dodged his lunge and landed on the floor again, backflipping further to create some distance, and reach Gwen. "Gwen. Gwen! I kinda really need you right now!" I shook her body and called out to her. Nothing. She must've hit her head. "After I kill you annoying, jumpy, spider. She's next. Maybe I'll keep you alive first so you could watch me devour her alive." The Lizard taunted me with a smile. Hearing that I went into a rage, "You've gotten my friend killed. I'm not gonna let you take away another." I clenched my fist and ran head first towards the pouncing dinosaur.

I dodged under his claw, then landed an uppercut right under his jaw, sending him flying up and across the room. Before the Lizard could realise he was hit, I web zipped onto the wall behind him and pulled myself into a dropkick onto his chest, breaking through the wall and into a different room. The alarms started shrieking and the room flooded with red light. "I'm not done with you." I told the Lizard as I looked down at him and charged into a flurry of punches onto his face. Somehow the Lizard was taking my punches better every punches I did, until my punches were basically ineffective, and he caught my fist.

The Lizard smiled, "I told you nothing could hurt me." And threw me across back into the hole of the other room. A few second later right before the Lizard reached the hole in the wall walking towards me, Alchemax guards busted into the other room. "What the hell is that thing?" A guard asked. Another guard shouted looking at the earlier patrol guard's body on the floor, "FIRE AT IT NOW! IT'S KILLED BENSON!" They started shooting and it was affecting the Lizard. "We'll catch up again another time, Spider!" The Lizard shouted towards me and jumped out of the window.

Still hurt, I slowly hurried myself to Gwen, picked her up, "We gotta go Gwen. Please wake up." She wasn't responding. I picked her up and tried my best to run towards the window, breaking it then swung away back to my house with one arm, and the other arm to keep her steady on my shoulder.

We reached my house, and I got us in through the bedroom window. I had rips across my suit from the lizard's bite. I laid her onto my bed, and took her mask off to make sure she could breathe better, then covered her in a blanket. I struggled to keep standing and fell on the floor, leaning on the wall right under my window. I took my mask of for a breather, and passed out right after, a bit relieved we were at least out of the action.

Gwen's POV

I woke up in an unfamiliar bed, and unfamiliar ceiling. My head was still hurting, all I could think about was that It smelled really nice, kind of like Y/N.. Wait. It is Y/N's smell. I tried to peel my eyes wider open and recall what had happened. "Connors!" I instinctively sat up from the bed and had a fighting stance. I looked around, I wasn't in the lab anymore, I was in someone's room, and a blanket had fallen off me. Then I immediately noticed Y/N laying on the floor unconscious. "Y/N!" I tried calling out to him but he wasn't responding. What happened when I was gone? It was still 10 PM, and my phone had 6 missed calls from dad.

================================================================================

Joke Factory <3: { Where are you? It's past your curfew. ) 9:16

[4 Missed Calls from Joke Factory <3]

Joke Factory <3: { Gwendolyn Maxine Stacy, This isn't funny. you're making me worry. ) 9:37

[2 Missed Calls from Joke Factory <3]

10:01 ( hey dad! sorry i forgot to tell you, but im gonna be staying over at liz's place today. }

10:01 ( weve got a huge test coming up soon and i just want to cram in some studies with liz before i regret it. }

10:02 ( love you! }

Joke Factory <3: { Alright. ) 10:05

Joke Factory <3: { Just make sure to tell me next time yeah? ) 10:06

Joke Factory <3: { No more sudden sleepovers. ) 10:06

Joke Factory <3: { Just heard some news a few min ago of a break-in by Spider-Woman in Alchemax, stay safe and AWAY from there you hear me? ) 10:06

10:07 ( ok i will, bye dad <3 }

================================================================================

I don't like lying to dad but if he knew about this he would KILL me, or worse GROUND me. Anyway that's besides the point, I gotta help Y/N up on his bed at least, he looks uncomfortable. I picked him up and placed him on top of the bed. He had rips all over his suit and a few scars from the lizard's claws. I looked around for a first aid kit, and found one under his bed.

I started to dab some hydrogen peroxide onto his wounds, making sure it's disinfected. touching his body directly like this makes me realise how toned his body is, it's almost embarrassing. I kept dabbing the wounds and called out his name now and then to see if he would wake up. It seemed like he was starting to wake up already, he was reacting to the pain from the disinfecting. a few minutes later, I hear a car pull up outside his room, I tried peeking out the window and it looked like a woman is pulling out her keys to enter this house. "Shoot. Shoot! Y/N!" I started shaking him to wake up but barely any response.

The lady was already on the way up and I heard footsteps walking towards this room. I shook him a little more when he finally woke up. "Gwen? you're okay." He smiled at me still dazed. I whispered at him "Now is not the time!" I grabbed the blanket I had on and put it around him to cover his suit with. Three knocks on the door came right after, and I zipped myself up on the ceiling hoping not to be spot.

Y/N's POV

"Hey Y/N, are you there? I'm home and I got us dinner honey." mom asked through the door. I realise Gwen's mask was still on the floor, I zipped it up into my hands and under the blanket, and mom opened the door right after while Gwen was still quietly stuck on the ceiling. "Yeah hi mom, I'm not hungry right now though I got.. I got homework I'm working on my phone. I'll come down and eat when I'm done."

"Homework? While laying in bed all comfy? Kids these days I swear. Okay sweetie, I'll leave these down in the kitchen for you. Love you." She replied, leaving the room and closing the door. "Love you too mom!" I said back, then said to Gwen, "You're safe now, you can come down."

"That was a close one huh?" Gwen chuckled at me. "Yeah it really was, I'm glad you're ok Gwen. I thought I'd lost you too." I replied. Gwen then continued, "I'm tougher than I look you know, you don't have to worry about me going out like that." She held my shoulder, smiled, then comforted me, "Thanks for bringing me back here while I was gone, Y/N. Could you catch me up on what happened while I was out though?"

TO BE CONTINUED...