A2C1: New Threat

A MONTH AFTER THE LIZARD INCIDENT

Swinging across the city as usual after hearing reports of a bank break-in using explosives, I swung off my web as high as I could possibly get to look down at as much of the scene as possible before diving down into the action. "Hey Spider-woman, where are you?" I tapped into my comms while diving down into the scene. "Above you!" I heard a reply from my earpiece. "Above me? What?" I turned my whole body around to look up and Gwen was gliding down the air with new web-wings attached to her suit.

"A wingsuit?? When'd you have the time to install that?" I shouted confused. "Well while you were busy fixing up your web-shooters, I was thinking up new tech!" She replied before diving down to get closer to where I was. "Alright, Since you can get to higher ground faster, I want you to evacuate anyone left in the building, and fast. I'll intercept the bank robbers, you got all that?"

"Yessir." She replied, doing a 'see you' wave with two fingers on forehead before spreading her arms and legs wide out to glide towards the top of the bank. I continued diving down and catch myself with a web swinging back up for a bit before landing on the side of the bank, right above the entrance. The police had just arrived so I went in from an open window in the second floor to sneak up on the robbers. I climbed into a ventilation system from the second floor and out on the ceiling of the first floor. There were about 12 people in total inside, all armed with guns and masks to hide their faces.

I stealthily took out a few men without alerting anyone, sticking them, and their mouths, onto the ceiling and hanging them on hanging decorations and lights. "Nothing better than some early.. Christmas.. decorations? I need to make more bad jokes I'm getting bad at them.." I whispered to myself. "Pfftt.. Hey Spider-Man? You forgot to turn your comms off I heard all of that." Gwen talked through the comms. "UHH.. No you didn't. You sure you aren't just hearing things?" I tried to cover it up while I webbed up a couple more men.

"Yeah sure I am. But you know it's not even Halloween yet right?" She continued. "Ok yeah.. you got me, shut up." I quietly said embarassed, dropping down to the floor behind 2 men. I webbed one of their legs and pulled them to slip down and fall, also crashing into the second man like a bowling ball, zipping the two of them up onto the floor. I swung back up to the side of a pillar when Gwen suddenly continued in the comms, "You know it's kinda cute when you get all embarassed like that. I should tease you more often." "Yeah okay, I get it I'm easy to tease, now how is it going for you up there?" I replied, taking down another man just out from the toilet.

"I don't see any more heat signatures left up here other than the last 5 people and the 15 on your floor, I should be able to finish up fast and come to assist you soon." She answered. "Handy new tech you got there.. wait, 15? I only see 12." I replied, and as I did, my spider sense tingled and an explosive went off near the back of the bank. "We got the money! Let's go!" I heard from one of the grunts as the now leftover 6 grunts including the two I had not seen. They had blown a hole to escape and they started noticing half of their men were gone, and looked up to see me.

"IT'S SPIDERMAN! MOVE!" They started shooting at me and I jumped off the ceiling, spinning and flipping mid-air to dodge all the bullets. I knocked out the guy who shouted first and the rest were running away. "LET'S GO, WE GOT WHAT WE CAME FOR!" A woman grunt shouted, leading the other 4 out into the truck waiting outside of the big hole, along with 8 full duffle bags filled to the brim, carried by the 3 I didn't see. I quickly swing myself out towards the hole as they were about to leave, and shot webs on the truck to hold it back with my strength.

Suddenly a giant hammer shaped thing hit me really hard, knocking me back far into the bank. "What the hell? What was that?" The woman grunt walked out of the truck, letting it leave first. "You don't want any part of this, Spider-Man." She forms out of her hand big sand hammers on both her fists. "Lizard infestation and now Sand-sculpting? Can it even get any weirder..?" I said as she extended her right hand onto me, and I dodged the punch but then the hammer changed it shape to bend out and hit me from the side.