A1C16: Infiltration

I woke up this morning feeling energised and ready for school. I thought of how Gwen always has her suit under her uniform so I decided to do the same. I put on the suit Gwen had given me, then put my uniform over it with a pastel blue sweater on top to cover the sleeves up. As long as I dont accidentally lift my sleeves or pants up it pretty much stays hidden.

The weather was cold and the suit under my uniform was helping me keep warm. Wasn't such a bad idea after all. There was still abit of sand on the floor im assuming mom had brought it with her back from the beach on her swimsuit and such. If she hadn't cleaned her mess up yet she's probably still asleep. I snuck out quietly through the front door and walked to the nearest subway station.

"I Should do this more often. It's really nice once in a while compared to swinging all the time." I whispered under my breath before I felt a tap on my right shoulder, "We really should. Hey there you, what a surprise, a welcome one." It was Gwen and she smiled looking up at me saying that. "NO WAY. Did you wake up early today too and felt like you wanted to feel how normal people swing to school again so you went for a walk?"

Gwen just chuckled at me, then replied, "That's cute but no, I just missed going on the trains of new york. Yesterday was honestly a nostalgia trip for me." "Oh. It's still really uncanny how we ended up doing the same thing though isn't it." I continued. She just nodded and smiled, leaning her head onto my chest while we held onto the bar on the train. "I'm honestly still so tired though.. Could you just suit up and kidnap me so we get to skip todays classes?" She complained to my ear pouting.

"You know I can't. Even if I did people are gonna be swarming you with questions the next day and you'd end up with worse energy than the last." I answered. She kept pouting and lightly banging her head onto my chest.

We reached Midtown High not long after, flowing out the train station like we're working ants, and walked all the way to the front gate. "We're not popping out from the back of the school for once huh?" Gwen sarcastically remarked as we entered the school grounds and parted ways to our respective classes. We waved goodbye to each other from afar and I went into my first class for the day. We got the same class later; Biology 2 which used to be Connor's class until since the dance and had been replaced by a sub ever since; And I'm looking forward to seeing her serious study face again since it's so cute.

A few classes later, Biology 2 came. Getting into the class Gwen was already in a seat, waving at me to come sit next to her. I walked over and greeted her, "Hey, how were your classes?" "Boring, nothing fun happened the past few hours. Least I got you to be bored with for the next hour in this class." She replied, smiled and looked at me for a second before softly hitting my shoulder with her fist. "Ouch, stop it that hurts." I said in a sarcastic tone. she replied, "No it doesn't I barely even touched you haha." She chuckled while rubbing around where she hit me.

The bell rang and it was time for the class to start. We were still chatting together but then heard the door open, so I reached into my bag and grabbed our textbooks and notes out while Gwen already had hers on her desk. Heavier footsteps made an uneasy feeling, we were used to the footsteps being the TA sub which had much lighter strides. My spider-senses went off really hard and I was wondering why. I lifted my head back up and put my books on the table, looking at a shocked expression from Gwen. I looked to the front of the class and it was Dr. Connors, In his human form, without an arm.

"Hey there class, long time no see. I'm sorry to have left you all so suddenly as one of our student's unfortunate passing hit really hard on me and I had to take a few months of home leave. I was very close to Peter and had him helping around the lab for me so I grew a fondness to him and when I heard the news, I couldn't focus at anything and had to take some time off. I hope you guys have been keeping up with the lessons though. Just because I've been gone doesn't mean you all have gotten the chance to slack off, alright? Page 122 on your textbooks." Dr. Connors had spoken. It was him. Judging from his expression it's like he doesn't know about the Lizard. Either that or he IS the lizard acting like Connors.