A1C15: A date?

A few days had passed since we finished the cure, then gave samples of it to hospitals so that they could mass produce it and heal the ones sick. Fortunately we were fast enough that everyone hit in Times Square were all able to be cured before they turned into mindless lizard-people. It was a quiet couple days. Another absence of any movement upper-ground coming from the Lizard. I've been scouting the sewers daily after school the same way with Gwen watching above, No evidence or clues where Connors had went.

My suit smelled awful from barely being able to wash it, and staying in the sewers for so long. Today Gwen and I decided we should go as Y/N and Gwen, instead of as our Spider-selves, and see if there are any rumors going on in town. We definitely needed a break after that intense battle in Central Park and literally creating new cure.

I woke up and showered, making sure I don't still smell like sewer water even if my suit still does. Then I grabbed my suit from my bag and threw it in the washing machine, then contacted Gwen to meet me in front of Midtown High. Arriving in Midtown High, using public transport for once instead of swinging, felt weird. What usually takes about 5 minutes became about 20, and what was usually fun and adrenaline-pumping became almost peaceful.

I arrived a few minutes late because I underestimated how long it would take using public transport. "What took you so long?" Gwen asked while she waved at me. "You're just early, Gwen." I sarcastically mentioned and gave her a little chuckle. "Yeah sure I am. Anyway let's go eat I'm famished." She responded. We took the subway together, going towards Greenwich Village where Joe's Pizza is. She grabbed my hand and kept us close together in the crowdedness of the train, slightly blushing.

"I kinda wish I had a car so it'd be more comfortable to go anywhere." I told Gwen. "Who needs one? It's New York City. I like staying like this anyway." She replied. "So you like clinging onto me hm? Is this a date then?" I smiled, and said sarcastically, when she hit me with a pretty strong punch on my shoulder. "Shut up. Well, I guess kind of.. a date..?" She replied quietly, looking away from me.

We arrived at the station closest to Joe's Pizza and walked up out into the streets again. Gwen was still holding onto my arm. "Gwen? Were out of the crowd you wont lose me anymore you know?" I whispered into her ear. "No, I know. Just let me do this for longer, I like it." She tightened her grip on my arm as she said that. "Mm okay." I replied. We walked for a few minutes then reached Joe's Pizza, Ordered a Large Pepperoni Pizza and sat down on one of the seats.

The food arrived not long after. "Mmh.. That smells amazing." Gwen mentioned and impatiently grabbed a slice. She took a bite of it and the cheese was still melted and stretched out as she tried to pull it away. "Ha.. ha.. it's hot.." In a muffled voice, she tried to cool her pizza down in her mouth, clouds of steam escaping her mouth. "Be careful it's literally steaming, Gwen." I chuckled, looking at her struggling with the pizza, as I grabbed my own slice and started slightly blowing into it.

"This is really good pizza, we should come back here more often." I mentioned to her. "Yeah we should get some to take away back home for movie nights." She replied as we finished our last slice of pizza.

We stood up and went out the restaurant to continue scouting for any rumors. Walking around, we overheard someone talk about a science showcase nearby, where theyre showcasing "New evolutionary biological tech for human advancement". As we both heard that we looked at eachother and agreed to go check it out.

Walking towards the venue there was already a crowd forming. I grabbed Gwen's hand as we pushed through the maze of people till we reached near the front of it. A bunch of what seems to be garage scientists banded together had a vending-machine sized device. It didn't look like it was created in a lab, rather it was almost like spare tech parts stuck together with duct tape. The scientists were in the middle of testing it. They put a bottle with the label "water" on inside the device, locking it in and then typing something on the small laptop screwed into the side of the device.