A1C6: Best Friend

"Wait.. you're like me.." She said while I struggled my hands just to be slightly free to break out of the webs. "If you mean that we can both stick to walls, have super-strength, and get cravings for cheese fries then yeah." I replied before webbing her face with my shooters and breaking free of her webs. "Spider-Woman, right? Let's catch up some other time I got an appointment." I swung myself off the building and away from her, but it didn't take long for her to intercept me and almost kicked me in my back mid-swing. I dodged her kick, grabbed her leg and threw her onto a building, then landed on a light post.

"Why wont you just stand still!" I heard right before I was about to swing off the light post, she landed a full kick on me that threw me off and made me have to land on the street where the public could see. She landed right on top of the same light post I was on right after, "I don't trust you. Who are you? Why do you have the same powers I do?" She asked me right before jumping down to try and web-zip into me and catch me. I dodged her attack with a flip over her head, kicked off her back, and zipped her right hand onto the ground, "You think I can't say the same to you? The police are telling the public YOU killed Peter Parker, and I'd love to know the truth because that is personal." She seemed to stop struggling when I mentioned Peter. "Personal? You knew Peter..?" She softly whispered under her breath, "I didn't kill Peter. I would NEVER. I didn't know.." She continued, her voice trembling like she was on the edge of crying.

"How do I know you're not just lying? How do you even know who he is?" I asked, walking much closer to her. I was about a meter away before she broke off my webs, instinctively I raised my hand to web zip her again but she instead webbed up my web-shooters, jumped and swung into an empty alleyway, "ah sh-" she pulled me along behind her from my wrist and dragged me deeper into the alleyway. I tried stopping her and landed my feet firmly on the ground, pulling her down from midair and crashing back into me.

We both got back up slowly and dazed "Ok, real talk. You know Peter personally AND you have the exact same powers I have. WHO are you really?" Spider-Woman asked. "You first." I replied. "Fine." She walked a couple steps away from me before talking again, "I was there to fight off the Lizard. I kicked him into some building supports and the rubble fell on him. When the dust settled down I got closer and found out that Peter was the Lizard. I couldn't save him. But I didn't mean for anyone to die. Especially not him. He was my best friend." My eyes widened as I heard the last words she spoke. She started pulling down her mask, slowly opening from behind under her hood, "You know I think I can trust you with-" "Gwen??" I cut her off right before she took her mask off.

She looked back at me, still holding onto the bottom of her mask under her chin, "What? How did you..?". I took my mask off and revealed who I was to her, "Gwen. It's you, Isn't it?" She slowly pulled her mask off, stunned and stared with wide opened eyes, "Y/N? Why are you- How are you-". "Yeah, its me." I assured her, "YOU'RE Spider-Woman?" We walked towards each other slowly, almost speechless still. "Yeah, it's.. a long story. I'm still trying to figure this out. How did you come by these powers?" She asked softly looking up at me. "You get bit by a spider too?" I answered, to which she replied, "Yeah in Alchemax.."

We were silent for a moment, I'm looking deep into Gwen's beautiful blue eyes. "We should go.. uh there's a bank heist going on that I was going to before you webbed me up, Gwen." I started as we broke eye contact and there was abit of an awkwardness, "Lets talk properly after that, deal?" "Deal." She replied as we both put our masks back on and zipped up on top of the building.

Swinging together towards the crime scene, we were too late to stop the heist, however they were still on the run, being chased by the police. I tapped into the police radio and figured out where they were, and what vehicle they were on. "East 10th street going towards the south right now, In a black pizza delivery van," I told Gwen. "Got it" Gwen Jumped off and started swinging first and I jumped right after. "I see them, on my right!" Gwen called to me. I found the van and started nosediving towards the direction, swinging up and catapulting myself forward right before I'd hit the road.

I zipped myself onto the van while Gwen was moving people out of the way from the cars being rammed through. I broke into the passenger seat's car window and pulled a guy out and webbed him to the side of a building, then I swung into the van through the window to kick the driver out and web him onto the ground before I swung out to in front of the van and forcefully pushed it in it's tracks to a stop.

The back of the van opened and came out 4 more men from inside with guns, right when I'm about to dodge gunfire, Gwen swung down and zipped up one of the guns, throwing it back at the man knocking him out. The others started shooting at us so I zipped myself across to knock out one of the men, backflipped over another one, and shooting a web down onto the floor to pull myself down and knock the second person. While Gwen had pulled a different man onto the van and webbed him still onto it, "Do me a favor and hold my van for a sec" She quipped. I chuckle at how bad the joke was, "Your jokes could probably kill someone with how bad they are." She chuckled and replied "If I wanted to kill I've got even worse ones in me."

"Good job, Spider-Woman. We make a great team huh? Minimal damage." I held a fist up and we did a celebratory fist bump. "Yeah, we do.. uh.. Spider.. Man?" She replied before the sound of sirens had caught up to us. "Well that's our cue. See you in school" Gwen whispered before swinging away. I swung away towards a different direction right after, reaching home in the matter of minutes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the slow updates! IRL stuff got me on a leash

BIG stuff coming soon though!! I have like 7+- things/arcs/plotlines(?) I got planned for this already

Hope you all enjoy reading!!

TO BE CONTINUED...