A1C11: New Tech

I checked to see my phone with a notification from Gwen, so I called her.

================================================================================

Y/N: "Hey Gwen, did you figure anything out?"

Gwen: "Hey Y/N, yeah actually I was at home working on it the whole time. I don't know how yours work but my web-shooters use CO2 in the cartridges right? And set in high PSI to make sure it shoots straight, But the material I used for the cartridges are strong enough to handle all that pressure."

Y/N: "Yeah mine's pretty much the same, we should share our blueprints and work on improving it together sometime. Anyway, why mention our web-shooters?"

Gwen: "Yeah so, I figured what if we used the same tech we use for our cartridges and instead put salt inside."

Y/N: "So what? We'll be spraying salt all over the Lizard?"

Gwen: "No, wait I'm getting to the point. What if we kept it at that same PSI but used a weaker, material so that it would explode all that salt from a hard enough impact?"

Y/N: "And that would shower the Lizard with a quite large amount of salt in a short time.. You're right!"

Gwen: "Mmhm you've got the right idea! The past few hours I've been calculating the perfect amount of PSI in accordance to the tensile strength of a new ratio mix web fluid that acts like a less stretchy, harder version of our web-swinging web fluid, almost mimicking steel or aluminum. Then I put the formula into my 3D printer, using it as the filament to create these small, Web balls. I just have to fill it in with salt, and CO2, making sure its set to the perfect PSI as to not explode at random times, but only when enough impact hits them.

Y/N: "Web bombs! We could also take that design and fill it in with our original web fluids for it to explode on contact to basically wrap anyone hit with webs immediately! You're a genius Gwen! I got my suit fixed up so ill be over your place in 5 minutes if that's ok with you?"

Gwen: "Web bomb's got a nice ring to it. And yeah come over we can test out the new prototypes together, but other than that, no sign of the Lizard yet?"

Y/N: "Nope, not even a sighting. I hope this doesn't mean bad news but I don't have a good feeling about it. We'll be ready to fight when he does come out though thanks to you."

Gwen: "It's a team effort, Y/N. Without you bringing up your salt idea I wouldn't have thought of the web bombs."

Y/N: "Mmhm, we make a good team. Anyway see you at yours!"

================================================================================

I hung up, put on my suit, and swung towards Gwen's place. She was only a 5 minute swing away from mine. I reached her window and she was already in her suit ready to go. I held my hand out through her bedroom window, "Shall we?" She took my hand and I launched her out and followed right behind her, swinging together to an empty rooftop to test out our new salt bombs.

We reached an empty rooftop and Gwen tossed me one of her web-shooters. "Here, have a go. Meanwhile throw me one of yours for me." I took off my left web-shooters and tossed it back to her, then put hers on. "What's the settings on your web-shooters?" She asked. "Oh it's just hold and pull to shoot, let go to stop shooting, and double tap to release. Pretty intuitive I think? What about yours?" I responded. She went, "Oh yeah it's pretty much the same! Just seemed the most intuitive at the time. Anyway so to activate the web bomb shooter that I've just installed, if you double tap before shooting any webs, it'll set the bomb to be shot. then just hold and pull and it'll shoot the bomb out any direction you're aiming!"

"Talk about intuitive. ok so what about we aim at that vent right there?" I said to Gwen, double tapping my left web-shooter, a small red led turned on the web-shooters, "That's armed right?" I asked her. She replied, "Yeah now you just gotta shoot." I aimed at the vent and shot the bomb. It flew across the air, hit the vent, and exploded on impact. It was louder than I had expected. "Woah!" I jumped and covered my ears from the sudden pop. The explosion left a cloud of salt around for a second before being dispersed by the wind.

"It works!" Gwen yelled out excited, "I'm not even gonna lie I was scared it would've just exploded in your arms." "You haven't even tested it yet and went on human testing immediately? You trying to kill me or something?" I sarcastically, but nervously said, lightly punching her shoulders, "Well there's still yours to test out no? Who knows that one Won't kill you huh?." She laughed nervously and armed her web-bomb, "Here goes nothing I guess." She mentioned under her breath and shot it towards the same vent I shot at.

It flew perfectly across the air and exploded on the impact with the vent too. We braced for the loud pop and then looked at eachother. "IT WORKED TOO!" She yelled and we did a perfect high five before we hugged, also happy because we didn't lose any limbs too. We swung back to Gwen's place and started disassembling eachothers webshooters, sharing ideas and solutions to problems we had from eachother.

Some hours passed and it was getting late, We've finished making our new and improved matching web-shooters, with cartridges that can store more web fluid and shoot farther, different web-bomb ammo including salt and web fluid, and upgraded both our lenses to be AR with built-in face recognition, radio, voice comms, and even a minimap, all connected and tapped into our local police's satelite.

I was getting tired so I got my suit and was about to put it on to go home when Gwen stopped me from changing, "Y-You let me stay at your place, wouldn't it be fair for you to stay at mine too tonight?" she stuttered. "Stay here? what's the occassion Gwen? You wanna keep hanging out with me so bad you could just tell me you know." I said sarcastically as I chuckled and winked at her.

"Well.. It's late and I can see that you're tired and we got school early tomorrow and.. I like cuddling with you.. So do you wanna stay maybe?" She said embarrassed and her face was all red. "Okay, I'll stay for tonight, Gwen. Are you still scared?" I asked her, while holding her shoulder making sure she knows she's not alone. "Yeah a lil bit. I'd like the company." she replied.

"What about your dad?" I asked and she responded, "He's probably already asleep. Don't worry about it, he usually doesn't just barge in my room without knocking too." "Alright, we're having another sleepover then." I said in a lazy tone as a joke and we both laughed. Gwen still had my clothes that I lended her so I changed into them, they still smell like her.

We were getting tired, so we tuned up our web-shooters a little more then both went to bed. We shared a blanket together and we both faced away from eachother. Right before I passed out, I felt her warmth enveloping my back, it was really nice and I fell asleep fast right after.

MEANWHILE

The Lizard has been spotted clawing on the walls of Times Square, dispersing some kind of gas then disappearing back into the sewers. The police had been sent to check out the issue but It was smart enough to make sure not to leave any clues. around 30% of the people that were in times square at the time had become sick and started forming green, scaley rashes on different parts of their skin.

TO BE CONTINUED...