A1C8: After-School Science class

We've sat and talked for another couple hours, it was getting dark. We sat in silence watching the sun set together when I got deep in thought. "Gwen, did you by any chance go deeper into Alchemax before we bumped into eachother?" "No? Why?" She replied confused. "Dr. Connors section was doing a lot of experimentation with lizards and testing them on rats. LIZARDS Gwen.. Do you think he has anything to do with this? I know it sounds dumb and far-fetched but it's too close to be a coincidence don't you think?"

Gwen got deep into thought, "What? That can't be. But you do got a point.. The fact that Peter had turned into a giant lizard while there were lizard experiments around Alchemax, and that Peter was one of Dr. Connor's favorite students.. Could it be?" She looked at me with worry, shaking that the problem could be much closer to us than we realised. I took her hand and signaled her to come with me. "Where are you going Y/N??" she asked.

"We HAVE to check Alchemax out. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but if this is Dr. Connors doing then the other students might be in danger too! We gotta go Gwen." I responded, putting my mask on and jumping off the bridge to swing out to Alchemax, Gwen following me right after. We reached alchemax in a few minutes, and we climbed to the top to find a way in. There were ventilation systems that were connected through the whole building so we climbed in and crawled to find an exit near the floor we were at in the field trip.

We reached the lizard lab, and crawled out of the vents. It was the same room with walls of what seems to be transparent polycarbonate around. There were a bunch of different chemical equations written around the boards with markers, a few dozen rats in cages, 2 different prototypes of robotic arms for amputees, and a big terrarium filled smaller walls seperated for different types of lizards. It was empty, "What time do scientists even get off work? I thought they'd get stuck in the lab for 12 hours at a time." I whispered to Gwen. She just looked at me and shrugged her shoulder then continued to look around.

"Hey Y/N! look!" She pointed at a laptop that was still on near the corner of the lab beside a few monitors still running, "I think this is Dr. Connors' laptop, the one he always brings to his classes." She quietly mentioned. I walked over and hid some of the running tabs to reveal a folder with a bunch of voice logs.

"LOG 1: I have started the beginning stages to project: New Arm. I have adopted myself a few different rats, each missing a limb at least. I've been working on a serum using lizard DNA to hopefully be able to grow back their limbs the same way lizards grow back their tail, and eventually hopefully my arm."

"LOG 60: It's beginning to finally work. The serum had an effect on one of the rats, growing out its lost limb into a clump of flesh, but it eventually dies because of what I hypothise is the Lizard DNA completely changing the rat's, leading to it's own white blood cells to kill its own host."

"LOG 76: It's progress has been steadily getting better since I've hired a bright student, Peter Parker, to help and assist the project, a second perspective does really help."

"LOG 114: It's about to reach half a year since starting this project. I think Peter and I have finally figured it out. We tested on a couple more rats, they've grown their limbs back and perfectly shaped to fit their other limbs. No sign of cells killing itself. It might be time for human testing."

"LOG 116: We finally have the prototype for the human version of the serum, and it seems Peter is up to help with some of the testing. It should only give him a slight boost in strength and slow regenerative abilities if he's been cut we're closing in on the final phases."

"LOG 120: Although it is the day of the field trip for the students, Peter decided to help out testing today. And we did it. This could be.. A huge advancement in medicine technology in the world! Peter had been injected and tanked, he seems fine. My calculations are slightly off however, as he could lift a whole work table with only one arm now instead of what should be just a slight boost. It's time for me to try it out for myself, get my arm, and my life back."

END OF LOGS...

I looked at Gwen as she looked back at me. "That serum might've been the reason Peter turned into the Lizard. The same way the first rat had his whole genetic code transformed, it could have transformed Peter into a lizard." Gwen dropped down on the floor, "He's never told me about this. How long has he been helping Dr. Connors with this.. I can't believe it." I just stood there, still shocked at what Peter had been doing secretly.

"The tank! It must've been Peter inside there when I was here during the Field Trip!" I mentioned to Gwen, looking at where the tank is. Gwen replied, "What tank?" I walked over past a corner and found the same tank I saw, It was still on and slightly glowing green. "That's.. Dr. Connors is in there. He doesn't know what's happened." I whispered to Gwen when she noticed something on Dr. Connors, "His arm. It's grown back, Y/N." Then we heard the sound of a door open, we both instinctively zipped up and stuck on the ceiling.

Our momentum had blown a few papers over on a nearby table and made sound. "What? Hey! Anyone there?" The guard shouted while pointing his flashlight towards our general direction. We crawled around and away the tank to dodge the guard quietly. The guard picked up the paper and put it back on the table, "I guess it was just wind." He sighed and walked towards the other side of the room, continuing his patrol. We quietly climbed back down to sneak back out of the lab when I saw Gwen wide eyed and shocked. "What?" I asked. She pointed behind me towards the green tank and I looked back.

Dr. Connors was not there. It was empty and open, green liquid slightly pouring out and I've only just noticed the dripping sounds. "AAAH!" we heard distant screams from the guard's general direction. we both looked towards the noise in fear. "Shoot, what's happening? Gwen, we gotta go. NOW!" I quietly shouted at her, we crawled as fast as we quietly could after zipping up to the ceiling again towards the exit where our exit vents were. Right in front of the exit we both felt our spider senses tingle. We looked towards the left and from the shadows in the ceiling came a large, monstrous silhouette with slightly glowing eyes.

It immediately pounced at me and grabbed me down into the ground, slamming into some tables and throwing me hard towards a wall with its mouth. now more visible stepping into slightly more light, It was the Lizard. "Y/N!" Gwen shouted jumping down from the ceiling to attack him but she got knocked off towards a different wall with its tail. Walking out of the dark and into light, it looks like a much bigger Lizard than Peter's, with wet, ripped pants and lab coat. "Dr. Connors? Is that you?" I asked while I stood myself up and reached out to him.

In a deep, growly voice, it replied, "Connors? He's no more. And you're next."

TO BE CONTINUED...