A1CExtra: Quality Time

Connors was normal again, his mind was clear and himself, no longer the Lizard. He was sent to a specially made prison for "special" people. Midtown high closed the school for a week because of the events that has happened and to repair broken walls. My suit FINALLY stopped smelling after another day in the washer's, and I started on fixing up my web-shooters on my off-time after school. Broken web-shooters meant no swinging for me for a while, which meant Gwen had to swing around and patrol New York alone for the meantime.

I was working on fixing my web-shooters alone when I heard a knock on my window. "Hey, Y/N its me." Gwen had swung onto my house and came to visit. I opened my window for her and let her in. "You know it gets kind of lonely without you around, Spider-Man." She tells me in a smile while looking around my room innocently. "You know you'd just have finished the jobs before I could arrive in an uber to wherever a crime emerges, right?" I joke to her. "Well since I do have my jobs finished.. And it's pretty quiet right now on the radio.. Wanna get outta here?" She asked me, tossing her left web-shooter at me.

I caught it but had almost dropped it because of how suddenly she threw it. "Out? Where?" I said as I put on her web-shooter. She walks towards the window and sits down on it, "Follow me and find out?" She teases as she leans away and falls off the window, then swinging away. I grabbed my mask and quickly put it on, jumping out behind her, "Hey wait-" I tried calling out to her but she's already quite far ahead of me. I tried my best to keep up with her and followed her all the way to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Landing on the side of the archway of the bridge, I had lost her and she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I crawl up towards the top but before I could, I heard someone call from behind me, "Hey Y/N!" I stood up and looked back. She was standing straight sideways, about 10 meters away from me.

"Been a while since we been here, hasn't it Y/N?" she yelled out. "Yeah it has, forgot how calm and peaceful it was here." I replied, then shot a web above me so I could slowly descend down to where she was. "Hey Gwen. Why'd you bring us all the way here for?" I spoke to her, still hanging on my web right beside her still standing straight on the side. "No reason. Just.. Miss you I guess." She answered, slowly walking up towards the top with her hands behind her back. "Miss me? It's only been two days Gwendy." I chuckle and responded to her answer, placing my foot on the side and walking right behind her.

"It's ALREADY been two whole days, Y/N!" She chuckled, looked behind and punched me on the shoulder. "Alright, alright, I missed you too Gwen. You happy?" I admitted to her. She looked up at me and smiled pretty close to my face, then responded, "Yeah. Very!"

She then turned back around and ran up to the top of the archway. I walked calmly right behind her but she then peeked back out of the side and shot a web on my chest, pulling me up forcefully.

"Woah!" i yelled out surprised before climbing up onto the top, "What was that for?" I asked her. She responded, "You were slow, you were gonna miss it." "miss what?" I asked confused. "There." She pointed at the horizon and I looked towards where she was pointing. Once again we were together, with the ocean swallowing the big red sun. No distractions this time. Just us.

I looked back at her as she opened her mask. "Beautiful, isn't it? Still can't get over it." She softly spoke. "Yeah. Very." I took my mask off and she looked back at me noticing I was staring at her beautiful face. We both got embarrassed and looked away. She was combing her hair while I looked down blushing. "Remember that night we were squeezing our brains out to find a cure?" I reminded her.

"Yeah. We were right here, just like this. It's too bad we didn't get to enjoy it to the fullest that time but I had a lot of fun figuring the cure out with you all night too." She responded and looked back at me with her bright blue eyes. "Me too. Stressful night for sure but, I had a lot of fun." I smile back at her as the sky slowly went from golden to dark. "Well, it's dark and I wouldn't want our parents to worry." I said, standing up and holding my hand out for her. She grabbed my hand and I pulled her up. "This here's our little secret spot, ok?" She whispered with a finger on her lips. "It is." I smile back before she grabs my hand and pulls me down off the archway with me and we fell for a few seconds and laughed together before shooting our webs and swinging away back to my place.

I gave her back her web shooter, then told her, "Safe trip back, Gwen. See you again soon! I'm always a text away." She smiled, sitting on the window, and responded, "Mmhm." Putting her mask back on and falling back into a swing.

It was dark but not that late yet so I shut the windows down and continued working on my web shooters again for a few hours, still thinking about the moment we just had together. After a few hours, a loud yell was heard from downstairs, "Darling? Dinners ready! Come down." Mom was home. I went down the stairs and greeted her, "Hey mom, you're home tonight? What's for dinner?"

"Yes I'm home. I'll be home more often for the meantime too. Gotta spare some quality time for my son no?" She answered, "And I cooked us up some lasagna for tonight hun, you love lasagna. Eat up." I walked towards the dining table, already set up for me and we both sat down together to eat. "It's been awhile since we had dinner together like this hasn't it? It's either you're busy with schoolwork or I wouldn't be home." She mentioned to me. "Yeah, I missed having dinner with you mom. School's just been so tough to balance with life too you know?" I replied.

"Aw. Don't worry, We'll have a LOT more meals together to come starting from now okay? I promise." She continued, holding her pinky out to do a pinky promise. I laughed for a second before holding my pinky out to link them around together, then press my thumb against hers to close the deal. "Deal." We both smile at each other and continue eating dinner together before going to bed after, talking about life and catching up. I really hope this peace lasts.