SEASON TWO | C H A P T E R F I V E 18+

When they reached Birmingham again really early in the morning. Arthur was drunk.And not a little. Franny was on a high from the adrenaline she felt when she had her knife at that mans throat. They pushed Arthur out of the car. And he started serenading in front of their house for Esme. Letting her know he was home safe and sound. Franny jumped out of the car putting her hands on his mouth.

'Shut up. You have a son remember?' She hissed at him. The lights went on and Esme put her head out of the window. 'What makes you think I want him here tonight.' she said with her thick accent.'Oh please Esme.' Thomas said.'We brought him back alive and happy.' He said before shutting the car off. Esme rolled her eyes but went downstairs to open the door. 'Nice dress.' She said to Franny before taking Arthur inside. 'Now to take you lovebirds home.' Thomas said starting the car again.'No need Tommy.' John said.

'We'll walk it's not that far.' Thomas raised his eyebrow but started the car and drove off. 'Well come on Mrs Shelby.' John said sticking out his arm. She smirked and took his arm. 'We could go home.' John started.'Wake up probably all four children and they all want to sleep in out bed.Or... ' He went silent for a second. Franny looked around to meet his gaze.A smirk was taking over his lips. 'Guess you're in for the second one Luf.'

Franny rolled her eyes but that was something she 'regretted' a second later. John grabbed her cheeks with his hand and pulled her towards him.'I've had it with this attitude of yours. . ' John said gritting his teeth.He let go of her cheeks but pulled her towards him with his hand on her waist. 'Well then do something about it.' She told him while looking him in the eyes. 'Come.' John said as he pulled her with him.'Where are we going?' Franny asked him.'You know that new hotel on main street?' John said guiding her trough the streets.

'That's way to expensive.' Franny said still trying to keep up with John's fast footsteps.He stopped in his tracks and pushed her against the wall they were closed by. John put his face in her neck kissing it. 'We're taking over London luf. We have more than enough.' he told her guiding his lips to her ear. She raised her shoulder because his breath was tickling her. Making him pull his head back a little.

'I love you John Shelby.' She said with a smile. 'I know.' he told her pulling her with him again. They walked into the hotel. Someone came towards them in the lobby. 'Excuse me we are not some cheap motel.' He stated. 'Sorry?' Franny said looking up.'Do I look some kind of whore to you?'

'It's All right Fran.I'm pretty sure he hasn't heard your last name.' John said stepping forward.'We'd like to rent a room for the night.' He told the man.His eyebrow was raised a little. Till a female receptionist came forward.'Ah Mr. Shelby.' She said. 'I have the room ready for you.Like you asked me to.' She was holding out the keys to the hotel room to John. the man's eyes were turning big when he heard the name Shelby. 'Thank you.' John said taking the keys.

'You're really doing us a favor. All four kids are sleeping and we really don't want to wake them up now.' He said before walking after the woman who was going to show them the way.'You coming Mrs. Shelby?' John asked her holding out his arm.'I am Mr. Shelby.' Franny said smiling. Grabbing his hand and walking with him.The lady showed them the room and wished them a goodnight. John nodded to her and closed the door. 'Well let's check out this room.' John said while rubbing his hands together.

He turned around and got something thrown at him. It was warm and when he took it in his hands he realized it was Franny's dress. She was standing in front of him in just her underwear pulling the clips out of her hair so it was falling down on her shoulders. When looking up at him again. John had already lost his coat his gilet was also already being tossed to the side. He was undoing his gun holsters. He dropped them to the ground when he reached Franny.A small smirk on her face looking through her blonde locks.