Season 2 : C H A P T E R 11

It was another way to early morning. And Franny groaned when John almost pushed her out of bed.'You take way longer to get ready than me.' He joked.She knew he was right and she got up. Doing her makeup and braiding her hair in one long braid. It was not like London and it was a long ride ahead of them.So she was wearing a big black coat with a hat.Her long skirt was dark green.'You better where a tank top beneath your blouse it's cold.' Franny told John as she put on her shoes and walked out of the room.Ready to go and wake the kids.

When they were ready an hour later. Thomas stood in front of their house with Charlie and Curly.'Come on' Franny said. 'In the back, you go.' Franny said with a smile.Katie was smirking and asked for Thomas to lift her in the back.Which he even did. John came with the boys in his arms and gave Henry to Franny.He lifted Dotty in the back of the truck and then Oliver.He then helped Franny with Henry in her arms in the back and he notified Charlie he could go to Arthur's and Polly's.When Arthur climbed in the back of the truck he blinked a few times.

'Uncle Arthur!' Katie ran towards him and sat down next to him.'I didn't know this was a bring your kids kinda day.' Arthur said smiling at Katie.'It's not.' John said sitting next to Oliver.'Polly wanted to watch them today. She has the maid and the both of them can handle them.' Franny shrugged.'Michael is coming with us, so why not.' At Polly's they did the big exchange. Franny walked up to the front door with John right behind her with both Dotty and Oliver in his arms.Katie was running up to the door.And Henry was asleep in Franny's arms.

Polly opened the door and Katie ran towards her in her arms. Franny carefully lifted Henry over in Polly's maid her arms. And they kissed the four of them goodbye and to have fun with Aunt Polly.Michael joined them in the back of the truck.And John took over from Charlie driving the beast of a truck.The car was overheating after a while and Thomas asked Curly to go take a look.Michael took out sandwiches that Polly had made for them. Earning a smile from Franny. And laughter from all three brothers.

But they all ate the sandwiches and drank the tea she had made. And when they finally got to the auction. They all jumped out of the car. Michael helped Franny out of the back of the truck. She put her shawl and gloves in the front of the truck.'I can't walk there like I'm some sort of homeless woman.' Franny said when she got a frown from Michael.

'Come.

Let's check out some horses.' She said with a smile to Michael and she hooked her arm with his.They all walked up a pair of stairs. 'All right lads, this is a respectable event and you will all behave accordingly.' Thomas spoke.'No weapons, no drinking.John we will stay together.' Thomas looked from Franny to John. and Franny bit her lip trying to keep her smirk in when John looked over to her.'When the horse comes up, I'll bid.I've already registered with the auctioneer, so he knows to expect my bids.' Thomas said while smoking his cigarette.Curly walked over to Thomas asking him some things.

'What did he mean by not run off?' Michael asked Franny.'Nothing you need to be worried about just yet mate.' John said patting him on the back.'I'll explain sometime.' Franny said bumping her shoulder to his.They all stood above some sort of bidding ring.Franny had been to some place like this before.Her dad had written a few articles about horses that the king had bred.And they were sold on auctions like this, but with way more people. 'Have you been to something like this before Michael?' Franny asked him.'Yes a few. my dad.. ' Michael stopped his sentence.'Or well you know, he had a few horses and he usually bought them at places like this.' Michael explained.