Hidden Hobby - Light Yagami x male reader (Death Note)

A/N: Its hella hot man. The heat this year will for sure be very bad. Make sure ya'll stay hydrated and stay in the shade as much as you can cause this heat is no joke. Hope you enjoy!

. . .

School is almost out for the summer. Final exams are coming up and college exams are nothing to mess around in. It can reflect on your progress and knowledge of what you've learned. But to a few students, its like a walk in the park.

Light Yagami is studying in To-Ohs library. He always sit in the back of the library so he wont be noticed.

After a few minutes of studying he swiftly pulls out the death note and remember the names from watching the news in the morning.

As he finished writing the name down he heard Ryuk hackled. "Youre so screwed Light"

"What do you mean?" he said in annoyance.

He chuckled even deeper like hes scheming something. "Youll see" he then disappeared after feeling a presence.

Light closed the book and put it back in his backpack. He continued studying like nothing happened.

He felt a pair of hands covering his eyes. He smiled at the feeling.

"Hmmmm who is this? You seem familiar, but I cant tell who it is" he smirked mischievously to try to get under his skin.

"Youre mean" he felt his hands release and had a good view of his best friend with a visible pout.

"Twelve years being best friends and ill never fall for that" Light teased and Y/N sat down next to him in boredom.

"You know, the exams are in two weeks. Youll have enough time to study. We should have fun right now. Like hanging out at the cafe or go to the park. You know fun things" Y/N took his textbook away, closed it and sat on it.

"Hey. Just because you dont like studying doesnt mean I dont either" he tried to get his textbook back but he couldnt.

"If you want to study then you need to get me off first"

"Challenge accepted" his eyes glowed in satisfaction and he carried Y/N bridal style off his textbook and held him close. Y/N blushed at the close contact. He felt Lights breath hitting his face. He became nervous and squirmed a bit.

"Okay okay you win, please let me go" his heart beat quickens its pace and his nerves were off the charts.

Even though Y/N doesnt admit it, he may or may not have feelings for his best friend. He knew his entire life that hes attracted to the same sex as him. But he doesnt know what Light will think of him or his parents.

So he stayed quiet about his feelings

He felt his feet touched the ground and he stood there frozen. Light chuckled knowing that he hit Y/N where he wants to. He grabbed his textbook and put it in his backpack.

He packed the rest of his materials and tapped on Y/Ns shoulder to catch his attention. Which he did cause Y/N flinched at the contact.

"Lets go to my house, my parents are cooking a feast tonight. They would love for you to come over" Light offered.

"S-sure. Ill let my parents know" he walked away for a bit to call either one.

While he was away Ryuk came from behind Light and his smile faded.

"What will you do if your little boyfriend knows about you. Will you write his name down or will you keep his mouth shut?" Lights face contorted to guilt.

"I dont know but hopefully never. I dont want him to be around this book. Hes the only normal thing I have in my life besides my family. Ill do whatever it takes to keep him away from the book" he knowingly ignored Ryuk's comment about Y/N being his boyfriend because he didnt care. His eyes then glowed red. Hell be his protector for the time being.