First Meet Up - Kenma Kozume x male reader (Haikyuu)

A/N: Cringe galore coming up😅

. . .

It was a very cold day in winter at the city of Tokyo. At a small warm cafe, where the mood is soft and comfortable and in there sat Y/N in a booth next to a window. He is waiting for someone and he was nervous. Its obvious by his fingers rapidly tapping against the table and his knees bouncing hitting underneath the table.

Hes finally going to meet his online friend. Hes been talking to him for six months and they have decided to meet each other.

In the beginning, Y/N was dared to go on an online message board by his friend. They met very weird people on there but one of the people he met stood out to him. They messaged each other back and forth and Y/N thinks that the unknown messenger actually has good intentions.

His online friend told Y/N he was also searching to talk to someone and Y/N stayed on the chat longer than he was dared. They then exchanged numbers and message and call more. But they never video chatted. Both males knowingly feel like the other persons opinion will change the way see each other.

They coincidentally made many excuses to not video chat each other. But they had shared ideas on how they want to see what each other looked like. Y/N came up with an idea to meet each other somewhere where its cozy and chill to help ease the anxiety they both have felt.

He actually agreed to Y/Ns plan and theyve set the date today for them to meet up.

. . .

Back to Y/N he kept on checking his phone to see if he messaged him. But nothing yet. He decided to come a few minutes earlier because he wants to make a good impression.

"Oh man" he sighed to himself. "Is this like a date? Is this what friends do to meet one on one? How does he feel about me?" he then started to sweat.

Would if he doesnt like the way I look? Would if he is decades older than me?

The last question brought chills to his spine. He visibly shivered at the thought of meeting a way older man.

"Do you need a refill on that water?" he slightly jumped at the sudden question that shook him out of his doubts. The kind server's eyes widened at his reaction.

"Sorry, yes please" the server brought a pitcher to pour him another glass of water.

"Do you need more time to order?" the server asked patiently.

"Actually im meeting up with someone here. If you dont mind I like to wait a little longer on that" Y/Ns tone sounding like hes asking for too much. I mean that was his fifth glass of water. With three bathroom trips.

"Oh of course. If you need anything, just let me know. Ill always be around here" the server gave him a polite smile and walked away to help other customers. Y/N was relieved knowing that he wasnt causing any trouble to anyone.

I wonder where he is right now.

He stared out of the window to see if he can try to picture his online friend.

.     .     .

"For the last time, ill be fine. If anything, ill call you to come and get me" Kenma deadpanned at his best friend protective nature.

"Yeah but you never know if hes way older than you are. Remember you told me you guys never asked for eachothers age, which is a big mistake because now youll be at risk to meet someone way older than you" Kuroo teased his friend but was internally worried for his safety.

"I know I should have, but we both thought it would be funny. Actually, now that you said it out loud im really starting to have second thoughts about it" Kenma started to get more nervous.