Up Late - Tamaki Amajiki x dom!male reader (MHA)

A/N: Thank you @ma_mara00 for this amazing request! Scroll to the bottom for minor details.

. . .

Tamaki eyes twitched in his sleep. Hearing the tinkering going on a couple of feet away from him. His eyes opened and they became tired again. But he has to force himself to stay awake for this moment. He sat up and saw where the light source is coming from.

He stretched as he checked the clock on a nightstand next to the bed. His eyes widened at the time.

Its barely 2:45!

His eyes drooped again but he opened them again. He sighed tiredly and got out of his bed. He walked towards the light source and saw his one and only boyfriend working on a mechanism. Working under a desk lamp that shines brighter than a lighthouse.

His boyfriend is part of the support course. As he himself is in the hero course. So in a way they can be pretty busy a lot and the only time they can hang out is if they sleep over at each other homes and go to school together the next day.

Tonight was Tamakis turn to sleepover at his partner's house and boy was he in for the ride.

He saw his boyfriend with droopy eyes and concentrating on a mechanism that hes been building for one of the 1-A students. He saw the blueprint of the students costume and next to it was a rough sketch of a mechanism that he carefully wrote notes and tips for the product.

He felt bad that his boyfriend has to stay up while he himself gets to sleep.

"Y-Y/N"

He saw him flinched as he turned around. With a soft look he smiled at him.

"Hey Tamaki. What are you doing up so early?" he puts his screwdriver down and he turned to Tamaki to show his that hes there to listen.

"I should ask you the same thing" Tamaki rubbed his eyes from the tiredness. Y/N lips pursed.

"Touché babe" he softly chuckled at himself being caught.

"I just need to finish this up before tomorrow morning and I promise Ill go to bed" he tried to reassure Tamaki but he doesnt really believe him.

"B-but I want you to ocme to be now" Tamaki frowns as he whispered his response.

He heard a tired sigh from Y/N and saw him pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Please Tamaki just go to bed. Ill go to sleep once im done with this" he picked up a wrench as he starts to work on his project.

"Please Y/N—" his eyes widened and he flinched at Y/Ns reaction.

Y/N slammed the wrench on the table and turned back fo Tamaki. He gave him a stern look. "Go to back bed and leave me be. Stop bothering me and Ill be there when ill be there" he raised his voice and he turned back around and puts on his headphones. He put the music on blast and continued with his work.

He missed the way Tamakis lips trembled and eyes watered at his new attitude and he slowly made his way to the bed. He sniffled feeling like he was scolded for no reason. The way he said that and not evev acknowledges how Tamaki feels about him missing his sleep.

He curls in a fetus position and wrapped the blankets around his body and his head leaving space for him to breathe. He couldnt hold in the tears as he lets it go with a few whimpers here and there.

He feels bad that he made Y/N mad at him. The worst feeling is that Y/N never became that upset with him. It was all new to him. He tries to go back to sleep but the sounds of his boyfriend tinkering was keeping him awake. But the tiredness has came back and he closed his eyes.

.     .     .

Y/N finished the work and he stretched his arms over his head. He turned off the desk lamp and put his project away in a case. He checked his phone to see that its four in the morning. He needs to wake up in three hours.

"Aw man" he mumbled tiredly and he then remembered what happened earlier. He sighed disappointedly at himself for letting his stress out on Tamaki. He walked to the bed and saw Tamaki covered up with a blanket and a sad expression. Y/N frowned and stroked his face he kissed his forehead and made his way on the other side of the bed.

He lifted up the covers softly to not wake Tamaki up and spooned him. He wrapped his arm around his waist and stroked his hand that he found.

"Im so sorry. You didnt deserve it. I didnt mean to let it out on you. I promise Ill do better next time" Y/N whispered and leave kisses on his cheeks, ear, and neck.

Tamaki eyes fluttered open at the contact and turned back to Y/N.

"Hey Tamaki" Y/N whispered. He cupped his face and stroked his cheek bone.

"Im so sorry for getting upset with you. I was very stressed but thats not an excuse to let it out on you. I promise Ill never do that to you. Will you forgive me?" Y/N expression was new to Tamaki. He never sees his boyfriend in this much pain before and he knows that hes sincere.

Tamaki smiled tiredly and leaned to rest his head on his chest. He then wrapped his arm around his waist and fell asleep then.

Y/N chuckled at his actions. He knew that Tamaki has forgiven him. Actions do speak louder than words.

He kissed his head and pulled him closer. He stared out his window and hoped that good dreams will come to Tamaki. He hates when Tamaki wakes up from nightmares.

He stroked his head to reassure Tamaki and closed his eyes.

"I love you Tamaki" he whispered and then fell into a deep sleep.

. . .

A/N: Im truly sorry about the delay. My top priority is to release the requests that you guys sent. I just started school and im in an internship so my schedule is hella packed.

But during my disappearance I have been working on the requests and kept it in my drafts. I will release them starting next week. Thank you guys for the continuous support!