Day 1: First Meet

AU: Varian and Cass meet their past selves.

     Varian is working in his lab. He fiddles with his wedding ring, made of pure Cassandrium. He smiles at the thought that Cassandra is somewhere in the castle, wearing a matching ring and taking care of their two beautiful children.

     If only I could tell my past self how lucky he's going to be, he thinks.

     As his mind contemplates how incredible running into his past self would be, a swirling blue portal appears out of nowhere. Startled, Varian screams. But the portal sucks him in before he can do anything.

     Varian glances around, and doesn't see anything but blue. What is this strange world he has landed in?

     "Hello? Is anyone there?" He hears a voice say.

     His voice.

     But obviously a lot younger.

     Varian comes face-to-face with his younger self. He is in shock, and judging by the look on Younger Varian's face, he is equally confused.

     "You're... You're me!" The Varians say at the same time.

     "This is amazing!" Younger Varian says once the initial shock wears off.

     "H-How is this possible?" Older Varian wonders aloud. "It shouldn't be possible!"

     "We can worry about the how later," Younger Varian says. "But right now I have so many questions! How old are you? What's the future like? Do we still love alchemy?!"

     "Slow down, slow down!" Older Varian says, holding his hands up. "One question at a time!"

     Younger Varian considers this. "So, do we become famous for our amazing alchemy and incredible feats? Ooh I bet we're more successful than Demanitus!"

     Older Varian takes in his younger self's appearance and eagerness. He figures this version of himself must be before his villainous streak...

     "Well, we become known for... some things," Older Varian replies. "But after a few rough patches, we settle down and start a family. And you will not believe who we marry!"

     Younger Varian stares blankly for a moment

     Younger Varian stares blankly for a moment. "Well, that's... not what I was expecting to hear. But okay. Who do we marry?"

     Older Varian smirks. "Has the Princess come to ask for your help with her hair yet?"

     Younger Varian nods eagerly. "Yep! She came with Flynn Rider!!! We finally got to meet him! And her hand maiden, Cassandra..." A smitten expression appears on his face. "She saved me. A-And I really wanna do something to impress her..."

     Older Varian folds his arms, his smile widening.

     Younger Varian studies his face. "Wait... Whaaaat?" He gasps as the realization sinks in. "W-We actually marry Cassandra?!"