Day 27: Engagement

AU: "Harvest Moon: Animal Parade"

Varian moved to Harmonica Town quite some time ago. He came to start his own ranch, raising livestock and growing crops. It is hard work, but he enjoys it. And he especially loves befriending the local townsfolk, and helping them with their various issues.

The locals have no idea, though, that Varian is helping out with more than just their minor issues. He originally came here to find the Harvest Goddess, and restore her back to health so that the island's natural elements can be sustained once again. With the help of the Wizard, the Witch, and the Harvest Sprites, he has been able to do just that... restoring one element at a time.

This is his mission. His purpose. But he never expected that, in all of this adventure, he would find love:

Cassandra's father owns the metal forge in Harmonica Town. Varian occasionally comes into the forge to have her father upgrade his farm tools, and the two take notice of each other.

Varian starts bringing Cassandra gifts every time he stops in; nothing major, just little things like flowers he found on the way there, or crops from his farm, or fresh produce from his animals. Sometimes even dishes he cooked himself! After a while his visits become more frequent, until they are every day.

Finally, he asks her to go with him as his date to a local festival. She happily agrees, and they have the best day together. Neither of them want it to end.

After going on more dates, Varian gives Cassandra the shock of her life. He tells her to meet him in front of the Harvest Goddess Church. When she arrives, he nervously presents to her an actual Blue Feather!

Blue Feathers have long been a tradition amongst the inhabitants of Harmonica Town. They can be difficult to come across, but presenting one to someone means you love them more than anyone else and want to spend your life with them. They symbolize happiness, hope, and a lasting future together.

     Cassandra eagerly accepts Varian's proposal, and soon the two begin to make wedding preparations

Cassandra eagerly accepts Varian's proposal, and soon the two begin to make wedding preparations. When the day finally arrives, they can't imagine ever being happier... That is, until their daughter, Opal arrives. Soon after, their son Jasper is born. They continue to raise their children on this beautiful island, teaching them all they can about life and encouraging them to chase after their dreams.

(Their outfit designs are based on two of the playable characters' outfits in the video game.)

)