Day 28: Nicknames

AU: "Miraculous Ladybug"

     Cassandra sits at the top of the Eiffel Tower, gazing out over the city she protects. She currently has her Miraculous activated, and is fully disguised as Ladybug. She sighs wistfully, recalling the events of the day.

     Earlier when she was at school, she ran into her fellow classmate Varian. As in, literally ran into him. She didn't see him coming, and the two collided. Her books went flying, and his backpack dumped out. She was so embarrassed, she immediately fled the scene.

     She knows how clumsy she is. It's something she has dealt with her entire life. Normally she wouldn't be this embarrassed, but she can't help herself this time... She has feelings for Varian. She fell for him practically since the day they met (and not just because she actually did fall in front of him when they met). But if all he ever sees when he's around her is an awkward, clumsy girl, how is she ever supposed to tell him how she feels?

     "Whatcha thinkin' about, Milady?" A voice behind her says. "How much you miss me?"

     Cassandra rolls her eyes. Her partner, Cat Noir, is always flirting with her. "You wish!"

     "I don't have to wish," Cat Noir says. "You'll be mine one day, Ladybug. It's only a matter of time."

     Cassandra shakes her head. It is obvious Cat Noir has feelings for her, but they could never be. Not only is she in love with Varian, but she and Cat Noir don't even know who the other is! They can't reveal their true identities to each other. Would he still feel the same if he knew she was just... plain, clumsy Cassandra?

     "I'm not in the mood right now, Cat Noir," she says. "Please, just leave me alo—"

     Before she can finish her sentence, they hear some kind of commotion coming from the streets below.

     "Looks like someone else has been Akumatized," Cat Noir says. "Shall we save the city once again, Bug-A-Boo?" He bows dramatically, awaiting her to go first.

     Cassandra smirks. She may not like Cat Noir flirting with her, but she still considers him a close friend. And as partners, they work together pretty well to keep Paris safe. "You know it, Kitty. Let's go!"

 Let's go!"