Day 29: Protection

AU: "Avatar: The Last Airbender"

(TRIGGER WARNING: VERY MILD BLOOD)

     Varian is the Avatar. It is a huge responsibility, especially for someone so young. But it is something he has been training for his entire life, and he is getting closer and closer to mastering all four elements.

     He never would have made it this far without his friends. Rapunzel, princess of the Fire Nation, taught him all about bending fire. Eugene, a former thief in the Earth Kingdom, helped him with bending earth, the most difficult element for Varian to master. And of course, Varian already knew all about airbending as he was born and raised among the Air Nomads. But it is Cassandra who is the most special to him...

     Cassandra is a waterbender from the Southern Water Tribe, the only bender in her village. She barely knew a thing about waterbending herself, but she and Varian learned together and helped each other grow as benders. Now Cassandra is one of the most powerful waterbenders in the world, and Varian is a master of all four elements! He is exactly what an Avatar should be.

Except for his protective nature... If anyone does anything to any of his friends, they have the power of the Avatar to face! Even just a minor cut on Cassandra's arm from someone else's blade can send him into the Avatar State. And of course, when he goes into this state, Cassandra is the only one who can get him out of it. She tries to help him work on his temper, but he is still determined to defend his true love.

 She tries to help him work on his temper, but he is still determined to defend his true love