Day 19: Number One

AU: "Hercules"
     Varian can't believe his luck. Growing up, he was always the small, skinny kid that everyone in Greece made fun of. The small, skinny, super strong kid. He never understood what the deal was with his super strength...

Until he learned that he was more than he seemed. His parents weren't his actual parents at all, but rather were his adoptive parents. His actual father was a god! But not just any god. Zeus! Which makes Varian a demigod. A demigod! He almost can't believe it.

Learning of his true heritage motivates Varian to become someone who could be a hero to the people of Greece. He works to be someone worthy of living amongst the other gods in Olympia. His noble quest transforms him from Zero to Hero! But on his journey, he meets someone...

The beautiful Cassandra. She is a strong, independent woman who can take care of herself, and Varian quickly falls for her. However, there is an issue... Cassandra is a mortal, and mortals are not able to live amongst the gods in Olympia.

Cassandra tries to tell herself she isn't in love with Varian. She just couldn't take the pain. Why would a demigod choose her over a life in Olympia? It wouldn't make sense.

However, this is exactly the choice that Varian makes. He forgoes his life as a demigod to live his life with Cassandra as a mortal. How could he possibly choose anything else over true love?

 How could he possibly choose anything else over true love?