Day 12: Cassandra's Revenge

AU: Varian doesn't try to talk Cassandra down.

     Cassandra has forced Varian to tell her the incantation she needs to regain control of the black rocks. Now she has created a tower using that incantation, the tallest tower anyone has ever seen. She needs to make her location obvious, so that Rapunzel will know where to come.

     And she knows Rapunzel will come. To try to stop her, to change her mind. And to rescue Varian.

     Cassandra leads Varian up the tower steps. "Look, I know none of this is your fault," she tells him, releasing his hands from the black rock binds she put around his wrists. "And I don't want to hurt you. So when Rapunzel comes for you, don't try anything foolish!"

     Varian rubs his wrists as Cassandra walks away. She sits down, and begins sharpening her Shadow Blade to pass the time. Varian wants to say something to her so badly, to tell her how dangerous the path she's on is and how she'll lose everything until she has nothing left to lose. He would know!

     But how would he begin to tell her all of that? And would she even listen to him if he tried? She seems pretty determined to continue on into the darkness. There's no way someone like him could sway her mind.

     So instead, he simply stands behind her rocky throne in silence as she sits and waits for Rapunzel to arrive so she can exact her revenge...