Day 17: Declaration

AU: "Voltron: Legendary Defender"

Varian is a paladin of Voltron. He began piloting the blue lion, but things change and now he pilots the red lion while Princess Cassandra pilots the blue. He admits that he misses Blue on occasion, but he gets along with Red pretty well, too. And he is more than happy to offer helpful tips on how to run Blue to the princess...

Princess Cassandra had trouble controlling the blue lion at first, but with Varian's help she managed to make the connection she needed. With Varian in the red lion, Lance in the yellow lion, Eugene in the green lion, and Rapunzel in the black lion as the leader, she feels confident that the team can keep the universe safe as Voltron.

Varian has admired Princess Cassandra since the day they met. He was immediately attracted to her beauty, and he attempted to turn on the charm and flirt with her every chance he got. She always acted like these flirtations irritated her, but he could tell a part of her was flattered.

Now, after so many years of working together to defend the universe and seeing what an incredible, smart, strong, and selfless person she is, Varian has fallen head-over-heels in love with Cassandra. But he worries that she may not feel the same way about him.

Finally returning to earth, the Voltron team head to their homes to visit their families and tell them of all their adventures in space. But Cassandra has nowhere to go, as she is from the planet Altea and not from earth. And her planet was destroyed... So Varian invites her to come with him and meet his family.

Varian has a large family waiting for him at home that includes his mother, father, and many cousins. But after eating supper together and discussing everything that has happened since they last saw each other, Varian notices that Cassandra seems a bit overwhelmed. While the family works to clean up after the meal, Varian takes Cassandra out to the park nearby. Under the huge oak tree that has been there for decades, they talk. Truly talk, for the first time since he can't even remember when. She admits to him how alone she feels, being one of the few remaining Alteans in the entire universe. Varian assures her that she will never be alone, and that she always has a home here on Earth.

It is also here that Varian finally declares his feelings for Cassandra. He loves her so much, and wants to spend his life making her feel like she is where she belongs. The suddenness of the confession seems to take her by surprise, but to his relief and elation she reciprocates his feelings. The two share a kiss under the twinkling, summer sky, their passion illuminating like the Altean markings on Cassandra's cheeks.

 The two share a kiss under the twinkling, summer sky, their passion illuminating like the Altean markings on Cassandra's cheeks