Day 3: Gifts

AU: "Peter Pan"

Cassandra snuggles into her bed in the nursery, comforted by the soft breathing of her younger sister Rapunzel asleep in the opposite bed. Tonight is Cassandra's last night in the nursery, for tomorrow she is considered a young woman instead of a child...

But she doesn't want to be a young woman! She wants to remain a child, playing with Rapunzel and telling her all the incredible stories of the boy they call Peter Pan. He lives in Neverland, an amazing place where kids never have to grow up! Oh, how she longs to visit Neverland for herself.

As she attempts to sleep, she hears a squeaky noise. She sits up, and notices that the window is open. But, how? There isn't a breeze outside, and the nursery is on the second level of their house...

All of sudden, she sees a shadow across the room. "Who goes there?" She shouts, waking Rapunzel.

"What's going on?" Rapunzel asks, rubbing her eyes blearily.

"Stay in bed," Cassandra warns her, as she sneaks over to the shadow. To her surprise, it is just that... a shadow. It is shaped like a person, but it isn't attached to one. And when she reaches out to touch it, it jumps away and flies across the wall!

"What in the Seven Kingdoms?!" Cassandra yells, startled.

"Cass, look!" Rapunzel says, pointing to the window.

Cassandra turns around just in time to see a boy fly into the nursery. A boy! Flies!

"Sorry to bother you, but have you seen my shadow?" The boy asks. "I lost it, and I think it flew in here."

"Peter?" Cassandra asks, believing she recognizes the boy. "Peter Pan?"

"That's me!" Peter says, striking a pose with his hands on his hips. "I hear you tell your sister stories about me every night."

"You've been listening?" Cassandra blushes bashfully. "Well, I'm glad you enjoyed them."

Rapunzel crawls out of bed, and regards Peter curiously. "Are you here to take us to Neverland?"

"Oh, yes please!" Cassandra adds, ecstatic by the thought. "I've always wanted to visit there!"

"Of course you can come to Neverland with me!" Peter says. "But I've gotta find my shadow, first."

"It's over there!" Rapunzel says, pointing to the corner on the opposite side of the nursery.

Peter flies across the room and grabs his shadow, wrestling with it. "Come on, now! You know you have to go back on!"

"Perhaps I can help," Cassandra suggests after watching him struggle. She pulls out her sewing kit, and gestures for Peter to sit on her bed. He does so, and she proceeds to sew his shadow back on.

"Good as new!" She tells him once she's finished.

Peter flies up happily, watching as his shadow follows him like it should. "Thanks, Cass!"

"It's the least I can do, with you taking us to Neverland!" Cassandra says. "Honestly, I feel like I should give you more of a gift. Maybe... maybe something like, a kiss?"

"Wow!" Peter says excitedly. "But, um, what's a kiss?"

"Well, let me show you..." Cassandra replies, smiling mischievously.

Rapunzel giggles when Peter closes his eyes, and extends his hands expectantly. "Is he ever in for a surprise!" She teases.

     Cassandra gently places her hand on Peter's face, and gives him a soft kiss on his lips

Cassandra gently places her hand on Peter's face, and gives him a soft kiss on his lips. His eyes fly open in surprise, and his cheeks turn pink. But he seems to have enjoyed the experience.

"O-oh, thank you," he tells her. "Uh... Are you ready to go to Neverland now, Cassandra?"

Cassandra giggles at the smitten expression on his face. "Of course we're ready!"

"Yay! Neverland!" Rapunzel says happily. "I'm so excited!"

As Peter prepares to teach them how to fly, Cassandra studies his face. "Is everything okay?" He asks, concerned.

"Yeah," she replies. "It's just... For some reason, you don't look like a 'Peter' to me."

"I don't?" Peter seems perplexed. "What do I look like?"

"You look like... a 'Varian'," Cassandra tells him. "Yes, that's it! Varian! Do you mind if I call you that?"

"Not at all, I like how it sounds!" Varian says. "As long as I can call you 'Cassie'."

     "Sure," Cassandra says, smiling fondly.

     "Alright everybody, off to Neverland!"