Day 26: I Love You

AU: "Kim Possible: So the Drama" (Continuation of Day 15)

Ronald Varian Stoppable and Kimberly Cassandra Possible have been best friends for practically their entire lives. But they never imagined that they would end up here...

The junior prom. Kim expected to go with her new boyfriend, Andrew. Varian hated Andrew from the start, and seeing Kim with the jerk made his heart hurt like nothing he had ever felt before. Varian still had feelings for Kim, and he was afraid that he had finally lost her for good...

...Until they learned that Andrew wasn't who he said he was. He wasn't even human, but rather was a synthodrone created by Kim's archenemy, Zhan Tiri, to trick the teenager. Zhan Tiri's plan almost worked, too. But, as usual, Kim and Varian brought them down before they could take over the world!

There was something different about this battle, though. Kim finally learned how Varian really feels about her. And she realized... she never had to search for somebody. He has been here, by her side, all along and she was just too blind to see. Anytime she needed him, he was always there to pull her through. She realized...

...She is falling for him.

Now, here they are, at the prom. Varian awkwardly asks her to dance, and she accepts. She puts one hand on his shoulder, and the other in his hand, while he places his other hand on her waist. They spin around the dance floor this way for a few moments, until Kim decides to wrap her arms around Varian's neck and lays her head on his shoulder. He is surprised by this action, but it is a pleasant surprise.

After swaying to the music together for a moment more, enjoying each other's embrace, Kim stops dancing and pulls back to look Varian in the eyes. He gazes into her eyes nervously, worried that she may be changing her mind. But he smiles softly when he sees the warm affection reflecting back on her face. They press their foreheads together, and then she does it... Kim leans in for a kiss, and Varian returns it.

 Kim leans in for a kiss, and Varian returns it

Varian is in amazement. He is finally kissing Kim. His Cassie! And she is kissing him back. He can tell that today is the start of the rest of their lives.