Inner Critic Gets Put In His Place

Stacey was in the middle of writing a fantasy story about a whistling mermaid, with squishy, red lips. She always wrote in the fantasy genre. She been writing, ever since she was 17. All of a sudden, a man that was a writer critic added his two cents. He looked somewhat like Ernest Hemingway.

"You call that miserable piece of garbage writing?" he snorted. "Who writes stories of mermaids whistling? You're wasting your time!"

"Well, excuse me, but writing is my passion!" said Stacey, defensively. "I been writing ever since I was 17! And, I don't aim to stop now!"

"Well, you should!" said the inner critic. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Wallace."

"Well, Wallace, I am an avid writer, and I enjoy what I do," said Stacey.

"Give it up! Your story is bound to be a failure!" said Wallace.

"Maybe, you're right," Stacey sighed sadly. "You win."

"Hold on a minute!" said a young man, about Stacey's age. "Her writing is fantastic! I seen her work online, and I think she has a gift! My name is Carlitos!"

"Her so called gift is a failure!" said Wallace.

Stacey ignored what Wallace said, and as a result, he started to fade away. Carlitos was a hero to come in Stacey's aid. Her unyielding passion of writing would never go away.

This story was written on Monday, June 26th, 2023.

A/N That inner critic was one hundred percent wrong! Stacey is an amazing writer! I want to thank my friend Melissa for this amazing story idea! She's not on Wattpad, but she is featured in my stories a lot! ❤💖✨ I love her so much! ❤💖✨ Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.