Stormy Time In New Jersey! 🌩🌩🌩

John Fenwick Service Area

Carney's Point, New Jersey

New Jersey Turnpike northbound

Clayton: *gets out of the car, and sees the sky has darkened* We better hurry! A storm is coming!

Steven: You weren't kidding! *gets out of the car*

Clayton: *hears a loud thunder boom* See?

Steven: I got a weather alert! Severe Thunderstorm Warning in effect for New Castle County in Delaware, and Salem and Gloucester Counties here in New Jersey! Also Bucks and Delaware Counties in Pennsylvania! *sees a sharp lightning bolt* Eek! *hears another loud boom of thunder*

Clayton: *feels hail* Go!!! *rushes inside the service area*

Steven: *runs inside the service area*

Drivers: *driving on both sides of the turnpike, and slowing down, due to the hail*

Steven: *rushes into the men's bathroom where there is a long line* Oh, rat butter!

Virginia Woman: *eating Burger King, trying to ignore the raging storm outside*

Asian Man: *speaking Korean on the phone*

Steven: *washing his hands* Got a text!

Text Message From Ken: Where are you?

Steven: *texts back* Just got in New Jersey, and its thundering like crazy here. I'm at the John Fenwick Service Area, getting food.

Text Message From Ken: Okay. Its quiet here right now, but you guys be safe! Just wait out the storm, then you guys get back on the road again!

Steven: *texts back* Okay.

Delaware Woman: *wearing a white shirt, black shorts, and shiny, black thigh high boots*

Steven: Hey, babe! You wearing socks with those boots?

Delaware Woman: No! Will you leave me alone? *walks towards Popeyes*

Clayton: *reproachfully* Steven, no talking to strangers!

Steven: Sorry! *orders two Whoppers, 10 piece nuggets from Burger King*

Clayton: *orders two Bacon and Cheese Whoppers, a large Coke, and chicken fries* We're gonna eat in here, Steven! Its too nasty out there! *sees a bright flash of lightning* Whoa, definitely saw that!

Steven: Uh oh! That was rather close! *hears a loud crash of thunder* Help!!!!! Make it stop!

Clayton: You can't control the weather, Steven! *gets his food and sits down and eats* Sit down, Steven!

Steven: *stammering, and turning yellow* I can't! This storm! *holding his food*

Clayton: Sit down! *hisses*

Steven: *sits down and eats* This storm has got to end soon!

Clayton: Just shut up and eat! *drinks his Coke*

This story was written on Monday, June 26th, 2023.

A/N New Jersey is getting hammered by some nasty thunderstorms, with Steven and Clayton caught in the mess!!! 🌩🌩🌩🌩Be safe, guys! Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.