𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏. 𝘢 𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦, 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦

Walls !
‧͙⁺˚*・ a horrible, miserable game ༓☾

❝ you couldn't win a fight against a gold fish ❞

important author's note at the end!

            UNSURPRISINGLY, Mason was the next creature to annoy Bellamy. Bellamy had put in headphones and began looking for his cigarettes (which had conveniently disappeared) when the freshman nearly ran him over while chasing his friend. Bellamy looked up to snap at him, but he noticed the bus. More notably, who was getting off the bus.

   "Brett!" Liam shouted as he walked up to the bus. Both Mason and Bellamy were frozen in their spots, watching the train wreck that was about to occur.

   Brett stepped off the bus and blue eyes met blue. All the dread, sadness, and guilt he'd shoved down came rushing back with a simple look. Everything he wanted to tell Brett burned in his throat. The moment was over sooner than it started as Brett looked down at the fast-approaching Liam. Bellamy found himself unable to look away, but for a very different reason than Mason.

   "Ah, here we go," Mason groaned.

   "I just wanted to say," Liam stuck his hand out, "Have a good game." Mason scrubbed his eyebrows as he bounced on his feet. Brett laughed,  but it wasn't the happy laughter that came after he tripped over Bellamy's shoe trying to get to his bed. This laugh was cruel, and it was backed up by his teammates.

   "That's cute, Liam," His voice was now artificially chipper as his laughter died down, "Is that what they told you in anger management? Apologize and everything's fine?" Brett's jaw clenched as his eyes hardened into a glare. His voice deepened with his anger, "You demolished Coach's car."

   "And I paid for it," Liam's own anger began to show, his fists clenched at his sides as his stance went even more rigid. Bellamy could smell the blood coming from his hands before it started to leak from his palms. 

   "Yeah, you're gonna pay for it." Bellamy would be lying if he said that seeing this new side to Brett wasn't doing things to him, "We're gonna break you in half out there, and it's all your fault." Brett taunted. Scott and Stiles ran to Liam's aid, thankfully. Scott dragged him a few feet away, keeping a firm grip on his shoulders, as Stiles took the attention from them.

   "Hey, what's going on prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing? Don't know if you remember, but I'm Stiles. You're screwing my cousin," Stiles held his hand out, but not one of the prep student offered their hand in return. Brett's face didn't give away anything either, other than a quick glance in Bellamy's direction, "That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight... but let's keep it clean. No rough stuff out there. All right, see you on the field," Stiles patted Brett's arm, like a true mother hen, before turning to Scott and rushing Liam away, "Go. Go. Go." He repeated quietly.