𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏. 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵

Walls !
‧͙⁺˚*・ trust ༓☾

❝ hallucinations aren't going to scare me off ❞

          "IT'LL SAVE THEIR LIVES." Deaton was getting angry, justifiably angry.

   Brett was the opposite of angry. His heart caught in his throat as he tried to understand how Bellamy could do something so cold.

   "Or it'll turn them," Satomi's voice was unrecognizable. Her usual warm, sing-song tone was now a hollow rendition. Disgust and hate colored her face in an ugly hue.

   Brett knew she hated Bellamy. He thought it was because of him, but now he could see it; Satomi hated all vampires. The vampires were worse than the assassins. Turning into one would be worse than dying (in her eyes).

   Brett swallowed as his eyes fell to the floor.

   "They'd have to die for that," Deaton sounded exasperated, as if this was all common sense.

   Which it wasn't.

   "I'm not giving anyone my blood." Bellamy's tone was final. He had already decided.

   The air left Brett's lungs as his throat burned. How could Bellamy stand there and decide someone else's fate? How could he decide so easily? How could someone Brett cared for so much, be so cold?

   He couldn't do this again. He couldn't lose anyone else, not yet. The cycle had to stop. He needed a minute to breathe, to acknowledge the people he would never see smile again. He just needed to go five minutes without someone trying to kill him and the people he loved.

   Instead, he was standing in the hospital morgue, about to lose everything all over again.

   "I can't do anything else for Reed. He only has a few more minutes." Brett blinked away the tears as his eyes landed on Reed. Black liquid spilled from his nose and ears. His sight had left him before Bellamy arrived. Brett had never seen him so afraid, "You can save him." Deaton's focus was entirely on Bellamy. He'd already given up on Reed.

   Brett couldn't begin to count all the times Reed had helped him over the years. How was Brett returning the favor? He was standing there, listening as they gave up on him. Brett was powerless to save him, or so he thought.

   "No, I can't." Bellamy's voice wavered. It was small, hardly there, but Brett heard it. As he turned to Bellamy, he saw the set in his jaw. He wasn't cold or uncaring. He was doing everything he could not to show it, staring at Deaton to avoid seeing Reed.