You're Wounded

Just a wee warning, mention of attemtped rape and SA in Bonnie and Isaiah's but the rest are just the usual expected violence.

Tommy

🌿 Before its confirmed what happened to you he knows it was his fault, knows its Peaky Business leaking into his home life again, leaking into your life like a black rot spreading

🌿 He blames himself, naturally...

🌿 Youre lying on your back still as the dead and just as pale, your ribs are blue and bruised, internal bleeding... It won't kill you but it will be a slow and painful recovery. Every breath will be agony. And its his fault.

🌿 Sits by your bedside with you, suffering, being cruel to himself because he feels guilty. His brothers have promised to go after the men that did this to you but Tommy feels torn.

🌿 It should be him who kills them, him who makes them suffer for what they've done to his angelic girl.

🌿 Holds your hand clasps between his two much bigger hands, watching you intently, says little prayers.

🌿 When youre awake he talks to you soft and gentle, tries to sooth you back to sleep because although hes lonely and wants to hear your sweet voice, he knows sleep is what you need and what will take the pain away.

🌿 Argues with your doctors when you're slow to heal, gets pissed off, loses his temper, has to be calmed by Polly and his brothers.

🌿 Makes you promises, "The men that did this to you will not live, they will not be forgiven, i will not show them mercy,"

🌿 Also promises you this is never going to happen to you again, promises you he's going to protect you, apologises over and over for not being there.

🌿 "i should have fuckin been there, im so sorry angel, i should have fuckin been there..."

🌿 Gets up and paces around the room, trying to make plans, trying to fuckin think straight but its impossible when his darling girl is lying beaten and suffering in a hospital bed.

🌿 When he finally gets to tske you home no one else is allowed to touch you, he is the one who carries you to the car, he is the one who drives the car so he can make sure he goes slowly, no bumps or sharp corners, nothing that could hurt you.

🌿 He has the fire made up in your room, your bed made up too, lots of cushions, your favourite blanket. He makes you tea and helps you drink it.

🌿 He is by your bedside most of the time.

🌿 But one day when you are sleeping he does slip away, his brothers have phoned, they have the men who did this to you and they want to know what to do.

🌿 He tells them to wait for him, drives out to meet them, his mind racing with the things he could do to take revenge on your behalf.

🌿 He beats them, kicks and stamps on them, breaks their ribs and then leaves his brothers to finish them off. He's taken his anger out on them, beaten them near to death, doesnt need to know what happens to them after that.

🌿When he returns to you you're awake and smiling and the sight of you softens him, melts the last of his anger away. You've been lonely, you want him to lie with you awhile, youre bored, you want to know how the horses are, what its like outside...

🌿 So he makes sure youre comfortable, lies down beside you and lets you rest your head on his chest, he holds you in his arms and kisses your temple and he tells you all the things you want to know.

🌿 You get scared sometimes, you get worried that it will happen again, you have nightmares, terrible nightmares and you wake in the night crying. But Tommy is always there for you, holding you, kissing your hair and soothing you.