You're Emotionally Distant

Tommy

🌿 Is going to be irritated that he can't just read you like a book the way he can everyone else. You're so closed up and none of his usual tricks and charms work on you.

🌿 And you're guarded precisely because you know who he is and you know his reputation! You want to be open with him, to show him how much you adore him, but his reputation certainly doesnt encourage you out of your withdrawn nature.

🌿 He'll try to be patient, he'll convince himself he's playing the long game, he'll try to chip away at your protective shell as best he can but it will be frustrating and he'll often leave you with feelings of anger and frustration, with you for not opening up and with himself for not being able to break you down.

🌿 Polly and Ada will see these little temper tantrums, his sulking behaviour and tell him it serves him right, he's met his match, that this is how it feels for everyone else when he behaves exactly the same

🌿 "How often do you open up to her Tommy? When was the last time you were actually honest with her eh?" "Can't be one rule for her and a different one for you can it?"

🌿 This does actually help him understand a bit more what's going on, because he is emotionally distant, he is closed off, and he's definitely worse than you are.

🌿 So his way of getting you to open up will be by trying to open up to you, he'll start spending more time with you alone and awkwardly trying to tell you how much he loves you.

🌿It will almost be quite funny, the way he awkwardly coughs "y'know i love you y/n, more than anything else in this world..." and you smiling a little shy half smile, "..." you struggling to find the words yourself.

🌿You dont know why they are so difficult to say, its not like you don't mean them, not like you dont feel the same...but your emotions overwhelm you.

🌿 "S'alright angel you don't have to say anything back... I know," "No it's not, I do love you Tommy, I really do, its just..."

🌿him chuckling, relieved that you've actually gone and said it, at least you've finally told him how you really feel.

🌿him hugging you very closely, "aye I know you do angel, I know..."

🌿"see isn't this better eh, talking to each other? Feels good eh?"

🌿this is how he chips away at you over time, slowly and patiently, until eventually you feel comfortable enough to talk to him about your feelings and express yourself. You aren't always the best at it and you still struggle to show affection in public, but Tommy understands that thats just you and accepts you the way you are.

🌿He will push you though, when he can see you need to get something off your chest, or when he can see that you just need a cuddle.

🌿And he knows that you love him, even when you struggle to say it, he can see you love him, its in your eyes, the way you behave around him, in the smallest actions you do.

Alfie

🐻 Alfie's a big softie at heart and see, when you don't melt like butter for him immediately, he's confused. Maybe a little wounded. He can't understand what's going on with you. You say you like him, and he can tell you like (he's not stupid) but you shy away from him when he's being affectionate and you certainly won't talk to him

🐻 He's patient with you though, he observes you quietly and notices its not just him you're closed off with, but everyone.

🐻 Probably doesn't try to chip away at you, he just waits, he knows some people are more closed off than others and he understands why people would be... this is a cruel world after all