Christmas! Ugly Sweater

Tommy

🌿You're nervous about giving him this present because you spent so much time on it, and because you struggled to know what to get him? What do you get the wealthiest, most notorious gangster in the midlands? He can already buy himself whatever he likes...

🌿Thats why you chose something homemade... You worked for several months on this, knitting it whenever you had the opportunity to, it was something to fill the time and distract you from your nerves whenever he was away on Peaky Business

🌿And Tommy knows you're nervous, he can see it in your eyes. He also already knows what you've made for him (come on you didn't think you could keep a secret from this man?)

🌿So he's prepared. The ugliness doesn't surprise him because he's already spoilt the surprise, he found it two nights ago, before you had the opportunity to wrap it.

🌿He unwraps it carefully, he already knows exactly what he's going to say so as not to hurt your feelings. He's planned his "surprised" face in advance.

🌿"so this is what you've been doing whilst I've been away?" he chuckles giving you a warm smile. He holds it up, displays it to the rest of the family with a sheepish/knowing smile. He takes the L graciously and lets his brothers smirk

🌿but if anyone says anything rude or makes an actual joke... well, lets just say they've seen the warning in Tommy's eyes. They aren't going to say anything. In fact they're probably all going to swallow their laughs and cough and say something about how lovely it is.

🌿Tommy would kiss you on the cheek and thank you again, he'd probably say something about how thoughtful you are. He's actually very touched that you would go to all that effort to make something for him. It kind of makes him nostalgic for when he was a child and his mother used to knit them jumpers.

🌿 he's not exactly sure why you've done it though, it's not like you live on artillery square these days.. you could have bought anything with all the money the two of you have.

🌿still, he will wear it, inside the house, only in front of the family. And, he's already warned his brothers that if they tell anyone about the sweater, they're for it.

Alfie

🐻 Alfie finds it amusing, he unwraps the jumper and holds it up in front of his face and chuckles.

🐻 "You were feeling artistic this year my little ziskeit... well now ain't that just adorable... yeah thats what this is, fuckin adorable poppet..."

🐻 He's go on a long little speech about how beautiful it, admiring the craftsmanship, he'd ask you about the details of it, "what made you pick this colour... and why did you choose that pattern?"

🐻 He would wear it for the day, as long as it was just you and him.

🐻 Because he doesn't celebrate Christmas, he'd be at your house with your family, so of course he's going to wear it and compliment it, he doesn't want to look like a bad partner.

🐻 And if any of your family members, say you had an annoying little brother, said it was ugly or that it was a stupid gift, Alfie would stand up for you.

🐻 "Nah mate, what we have here right, what this gorgeous specimen of wool-work right here is, is a gift from the heart... and you know the thing about gifts yeah, gifts should always come from the heart."

🐻 He might also mutter something about them being a little shit. You may or may not get to hear that part.

🐻 He'd keep it safe for the next year and surprise you on Christmas morning by wearing it, "Alfie! I honestly thought you hated that thing!" "What this? Nah poppet, how could I hate something you put so much time and thought into...."