Their Enemy Threatens You

Tommy

🌿Is annoyed to see you standing there in the doorway to his office. When Lizzie knocks and says "there's a little girl here to see you Mr Shelby" her voice is dripping with venom. She's jealous, she assumes you're there because you're his new fancy...

🌿 She scares you does Lizzie, she's stone cold, a real ice queen and you can feel her hate for you. Tommy steps aside to let you come in and once the doors swung shut behind you you suddenly feel nervous

🌿 he doesn't look happy to see you at all... "what the fuck do you think you're doing coming here y/n?" suddenly you feel like a fucking child, stupid for having come here - the one place he's always telling you not to come. You don't have an excuse either just a...

🌿 "Sorry Tommy I... I just really missed you..." you're not blushing because its romantic, you're blushing cause you feel so fucking stupid. You keep fiddling with your sleeves, glancing over your shoulder at the door expecting to see Lizzie through the glass laughing you...

🌿 "Lizzie scares you does she y/n?" he asks, he's still stern but he doesn't sound quite as angry anymore. You chew your lip, try not to give yourself away but Tommy doesn't need you to answer for him to know. "See if women like Lizzie scare you, then I know you shouldn't be here..." he has a whole speech to give you, to scare you into never being so stupid as to walk into his office like this ever again... but it turns out someone else wants to do that for him

🌿 When Inspector Cambell enters unannounced, his cold stare and arrogant cough, Tommy feels his fury flare all over again. Now he is angry, he's angry that you're here in his office just as that nasty bastard has stormed in, he's angry that Campbells even looking at you... You're in so much danger and theres nothing he can do about it but try to minimise the harm

🌿 "Sorry to interrupt you Thomas, hope you're not paying per hour there..." "pretty young thing you've got there, id be in half a mind to question the legality of her activities, not to mention her age Mr Shelby... See you understand don't you, that the rape of a young girl carries a pretty weighty sentence... And unless we can come to some kind of aggreement well it would certainly make my life easier if i could take you down for something so... Simple... "

🌿 Tommy trying to remain calm, trying to remain completely unphased. "Whatever business you have with me Mr Campbell is with me and no one else..."

🌿 He'd be doing so well to keep it all swallowed down, but when Mr Campbell approaches you, raising his kane to point it at you, "and you Miss, prostitution is, I'm sure you are aware, a crime... Just think of the things i could do to you eh?"

🌿When he looks at you like that even you aren't naive enough to not know what hes thinking.

🌿 "Yes Thomas... i think actually i might take her off your hands if you don't mind..."

🌿 By this point you're holding onto Tommys jacket, tucked away behind him, starring in horror at the old man woth that predatory look in his eyes. You can feel Tommys body tense too. You can tell he's trying really hard not to lose his temper.

🌿"You came here on business i assume Officer and we know how important your business must be... Kept you too busy to go to france afterall didn't it..."

🌿The main reason Tommy had been keeping you sperate from business was to keep you away from his enemies, the second reason however was to keep you from having to see the darker side of him... But now he has no choice but to reveal that... He can't let Officer Campbell hurt you.

🌿Youre a little taken back by the sudden chill in Tommys voice. You'd always known he was a dangerous man who delt with dangerous people but this is the first time you've ever witnessed him threatening someone...