Modern! You Beat Them At Monopoly

Tommy

🌿 He isn't going to get mad, its just a game (at least thats what he's telling himself anyway)

🌿It would be a slow painful loss because he's good at the game... He'd keep pulling himself back from bankruptcy over and over until he finally lost

🌿 At which point he would in fact be very embarrassed but trying not to show it. He'd sit there with that emotionless stare like "alright well, that was fun, what're we doing next?" trying to move on as quickly as possible.

🌿 Youd definitely gloat a bit because hes the owner of a huge business and you just managed to beat him.

🌿 And your gloating would embarrass him more but also irritate him so he'd be dismissive like "oh well love its only a game, doesnt work like real business does it,"

🌿 Would end up telling you to run the company for a week, "then we'll see how good you are eh?"

🌿 Basically hes sulking.

Alfie

🐻 Acts like he cares when he loses

🐻 Doesnt really care at all..

🐻 He just knows that you want him to have a temper tantrum, so he's acting up for you, to entertain you

🐻 Lots of grumbling and groaning and rolling his eyes but its all for show, he actually likes doing anything that means spending time with you.

🐻 Although he can think of much better things to be doing with you than playing monopoly...and he will tell you that.

🐻 Will dramatically get in a huff when he loses, explain why he shouldn't lose, accuse you of cheating... Anything to make you laugh and tease him more.

🐻 Will pretend to sulk until you come sit in his lap, give him a kiss and say sorry for making him play the game.

Arthur

🍂 Gets confused by the game, he'd lose pretty quickly

🍂 But honestly i think hes throwing the board away before he loses just out of sheer frustration with the whole thing.

🍂 Youre just constantly trying to explain the rules, and when he has to pay tax and stuff he just point blank refuses, "Nah thats not how that works darlin, i dont pay tax..."

🍂 Wants to know why the street names are all in London, "what about the rest of the country eh?"

🍂 Theres honestly nothing you can do to get this man to play properly or understand the game and in the end he really does just tip the table.

🍂 "Next time I'm choosing what we play!"

John

🌼 Doesnt know why you've got to play board games when theres better things you could be doing like watching the godfather or something...

🌼 (look right, if we had modern peaky boys they'd be the type to make you watch all the mafia movies and the sopranos and stuff just so they could sit and mansplain how "look at this bullshit, that aint what its really like at all... Where the fuck do they get these ideas...")

🌼 But anyway, when you're playing monopoly hes grumbling away, bored games are for people who can't entertain themselves blah blah

🌼 Its all just a front because he knows hes going to lose... And he doesnt want to lose

🌼 He doesnt mind losing as much as his brothers do but he doesnt like to lose... So hes setting his excuses up now and you dont hesitate to let him know you know what hes doing...

🌼 "Just cause you're scared of losing..."

🌼 In the end though john is playing this stupid game with you because he knows it'll make you happy.

🌼 And when he loses he sits there and takes it with a smirk on his face, shaking his head rolling his eyes at you all "Ahh well whatever makes you happy love."

Bonnie

🍀 Bonnies probably quietly quite anti capitalist in the 2020s, and he definitely isnt the indoorsy type that could concentrate on monopoly for as long as it takes to actually play monopoly

🍀 For that reason this games been going on for several days with lots of pauses in between

🍀 And youve heard multiple times "dont know why you like this so much y/n, you know the toffs would never let people like us do any of this shit in real life..."

🍀 But just like john, bonnies playing it with you for your sake, cause he wants to make you happy. Doesnt mean he isnt going to keeo playing it "unseriously" to try and make you laugh

🍀 To end the game he cheekily announces that the economy has just tanked due to a revolution, the means of production have been siezed and all the money in the worlds just gone up in smoke, you're skint, hes skint and now everybody has to go back to bartering and trade like "the good old days"

🍀 "Oh and nobody owns the land anymore dove so me and you, we can go wherever we like... Stop wasting time playing board games eh?"

Isaiah

🐀Acts like he doesnt care but actually does care

🐀He's even more annoyed when he loses because he was cheating!! How can you lose when youre cheating?

🐀Will sulk, will say hes not playing anymore. Will throw the money at you when he lands on your space.

🐀He'll even admit to cheating when he tries to accuse you of cheating (spoiler alert youre both cheating)

🐀 Definitely shoves the board away and messes it all up. Its not even that he thinks he should be good at the game, its that he just doesnt want to lose.

Michael

☘️ Won't be able to hide how much he cares about winning

☘️ He played the game as a kid and claims to have never lost. You can believe this if you like, I'm not sure whether he's telling the truth.

☘️ When he senses hes losing he will start to cheat, he'll feel bad about it but he'll try anyway.

☘️ If he gets sent to jail he'll claim he should still be able to take the money for passing go, he would in real life...

☘️ He'll definitely accuse you of cheating when you win... (you're actually not cheating)

☘️ He won't tip the board or be dramatic but he will grumble about how stupid the game is, how its nothing like real business

☘️ He'll tell you hes not playing it with you again, he will reallyyyy sulk about it.

☘️ So much sulking.

☘️ The sulk could last several days

☘️ You'll have to be really sweet to him to heal that wounded ego