JUST AS SCARED AS THEM

🕷

I didn't get many tips throughout the day, and then Rachel came in for her shift. She came out from the back with a huge smile and waved at me happily. I gave her a dead look.

Rachel was always a rainbow type personality girl. She was a red head and I think part Irish but I wasn't completely sure.

"Hey! Have good orders today?" Her voice was always high pitched.

"Yep. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Hey, do you wanna like hangout tonight? I've never seen you with any friends or anything, so I was just wondering -"

"I'm not really a friend type person."

I walked through the door to the back and put my headphones on. Drowning out the loudness of the world with rock. I grabbed my stuff before I waved goodbye to Marco. He handed me some freshly made food before I left through the back door. I decided I'd go to the top of the tower I always go to when I ate. I swung to the tower and landed on the outer windows. I spider crawled up a bit of the way before shooting two webs out up to the tip of the tower. I leaned back and stepped back to wind up some power. I released and slingshotted myself up. I peirced the air like a bullet and landed gracefully at the top. I hung my foot up to catch the edge of the roof and stepped further onto it.

I wasn't too far from home, but... it still felt far. There were many times I wanted to go back, say hi, apologize for leaving like I did. But I couldn't. I had to be invisible to them. I had to be gone.

"I'm sorry, dad." I looked past the buildings at the compound that wasn't really visible.

I sighed painfully and laid on my back. I closed my eyes. Wishing that he would find me but also wishing the opposite. If he did find me, he'd be in more danger. If he didn't, it would be best for him.

"This'll all be over eventually, and when it is, I'll come home again. I'll see you again." The pain stayed in my chest.

It continued building up every day. I was afraid soon I wouldn't be able to deal with it anymore.

I sat up again and sat in silence for a while. I finished eating the food that Marco had given me.

I stood up and threw my stuff off the building. I followed after it and dove off the building. I laughed a bit as I closed my eyes, enjoying the wind on my face and hair. My spidey senses tingled, making me shoot a web up without looking and feeling myself tug up. As I did, I grabbed my bag from the air, just before it hit people on the ground.

As I swung past an alleyway, I saw some kid being beaten by some other teens. I turned back and landed on the roof of a building next to them.I watched them, sitting with my legs bent and hands holding the ledge between my feet. I grabbed my mask from my bag and slid it on. I left my normal clothes on because there were many teens who dress like me, so there was no problem there. I jumped down and landed like dad would normally.

The teens turned their head to look at me. They dropped the kid and walked over.

"Who are you? Some ninja wannabe?" The boy laughed.

"Eh, I'm a little worse than that." I tilted my head along with a shrug.

"So you're just a wannabe then?" The girl added and nudged her friend.