ANOTHER RUSSIAN PROBLEM

🕷

I sat in Dad's car for a moment. Peter and hin weren't back yet. Mom stepped out of the car after Happy opened her door. I closed my eyes, ignoring all of the people and paparazzi crowding the car.

The door opened without a warning. I jumped slightly at the sudden surge of voices piling into my ears.

"Come on, Rudy." Happy held put his hand for me to grab.

I grabbed his hand and pushed myself out of the car. My eyes were instantly blinded by camera flashes and lights surrounding me. People shoved microphones in my face and pushed their bodies around me.

"Hey, hey, back up! Give her space." Happy pushed people out of the way as we walked.

I kept my head down and stared at the red carpet as we walked into the building. Reporters crowded me with questions.

"Rudy, are the rumors true?"

"Are you Tony Starks' daughter?"

"Why have you been keeping this secret?"

"Are there more secrets you've been keeping from us?"

I blocked out the questions, not bothering to answer or say even on word to them. We made it into the building, which was a lot quieter. Light music played on as people in classy, sheek clothing sat or stood around in the fancy building. Happy stood next to mom and I at the doorway. Mom led the way through the big party room where the restaurant half was. She stopped at a table with a bunch of rich looking old people that I didn't know.

"Pepper, so nice you could make it." One of the older ladies stood up and hugged her.

"Where's Stark?" Another guy from the table laughed hoarsely.

"Oh, he had something else to deal with." Mom smiled widely and sat down, pulling out a chair for me.

"Let me guess, it has to do with Rudy Stark?" The same guy questioned even further.

"Well, somebody has to deal with the rumors."

I sat in the chair.

As I fidgeted my fingers around, for the rest of the night, I sat there worrying about what would happen now. If we would have to tell people about my past. What people would do or say if they knew.

I stood up suddenly, looking down at mom. "I'll be right back."

She gave me a look that asked me if I was okay. I nodded. I turned around, finally lifting my eyes to the large room filled with people. My heart skipped a beat at the heaviness of the crowd.

"Happy, don't leave her side." Mom whispered to Happy.

Happy appeared next to me. "What's wrong?"

"Just... a lot of people." I gulped down the fear.

I straightened out my posture and began walking to where I knew the bathrooms were. Happy followed me all the way, but waited outside of the bathroom. I leaned over the sink, bracing myself with my hands on the rims of the large dish. I looked up into the mirror at myself. I stared at the mirror intensely, trying to make Harry magically appear.