DREAMS ARE REALITY

🕷

The three of us continued on our movie night, falling asleep at separate times. Although mom was already asleep before Dad and I.

We watched the Kung Fu Panda movies until we couldn't stay awake any longer.

🕷

I opened the door to Mom and Dad's old cabin home, making the door creak open.

"Hello?" I entered with a sing-song tone.

I looked around, seeing no signs of people anywhere. I scrunched my eyebrows foreward as I let the others get in along with me.

"Rudy!" Morgan ran over to me with his arms spread wide open.

I widened my arms and knelt down. I picked up my younger brother as he jumped into my arms and hugged him tightly to me.

"Hey, Mo-Mo, I missed you, buddy."

He giggled along with me while he wiggled out of my arms. Once I let him go back onto the ground, I ruffled his dark hair around.

"Where's mom and dad?"

"Dad's in the dining room, working. Mom's making food."

"Nice. Watch over these idiots for me while I go talk to them, yeah?"

Morgan giggled again. "Yes, Captain." He stood straight and gave me a salute.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "You've been spending too much time with Steve."

"Uncle Steve is cool." He defended.

"Dad's cooler." I chuckled and swerved around the little dude.

I looked up at the boys, giving each of them narrowed eyes. "Be nice to him." I mouthed the words.

They shrugged with small laughs. I turned back around, walking through the house to where I knew dad always worked, the dining room table.

"Now that the buzz kill is gone, let's go have some fun." Jay's voice faded off into the distance as I got to the dining room.

"Hey, dad." I smiled happily at dad sitting in front of his holograms.

"Hey, Rudina." He stood up without taking his eyes off of his work.

He turned his head toward us with a smile.

His smile faded into a protective glare. "Let go of that hand, or I'll be adding another one down your throat."

The hand holding mine immediately jerked away.

I chuckled a bit as I walked over to give dad a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck, comforted by his familiar smell.

I dropped myself back to the flats of my feet and looked up at dad's chocolate brown eyes. "How's the work?"

"Good. It's good. How about yours?"