GWEN STACY

🕷

"Hey, anything on Rudy?" Pepper came down to my lab.

She walked in with a plate full of food.

"Nothing. Not a single hospital record. If she was shot, she..."

"She probably got help from someone she knows." Pepper tried to change my thinking.

She placed the food next to the other full plates sitting in front of my holograms. She rubbed my shoulders roughly.

"When people want to disappear, they don't have people they know." I stared at the information that absorbed me.

"You'll find her. I know you will."

I exhaled deeply through my nose. I spun around in my chair to face Pepper. She pulled my head to her chest and played with my hair.

"It'll be okay."

"You know, she won't be the same girl we adopted those years ago."

"I know. I saw the footage."

I jolted my head up, narrowing my eyes. "Friday showed you?"

"I asked her to. Tony, keep in mind that those men... they ruined her life. They tore apart what she saw as her family. She's bound to be full of rage."

I nodded knowingly. She kissed my forehead gently before leaving the lab. I spun back around to the holograms and stared at it all for a moment. All there was was the two harrassers and the victim. No other sightings except that alley fight. No information on her.

"Friday, run her name again."

"We've already run it 48 times."

"Just run it."

"Running 'Rudy Stark'."

"There's no information. Not even of her past. She wiped it all."

"She had to have slipped up somewhere. She had to."

"Excuse me?" I heard a timid voice from the door.

I turned my head to see Janet.

"I'm... kind of busy." I gestured to the investigation.

"I know, but.. if it helps.. when I saw Rudy, she was at the Calvary Cemetery. She was visiting Harry and my boy."

A spark of hope managed to seep into my brain. "Yes! Yes, it does."

I spun over in my chair to my suit and started immediately getting it together.

"What are you doing?"

"Going to see your boy." I opened the face plate to give her a small smile.

I flew off immediately, heading for the cemetery. I flew as fast as I could in my suit. Once the cemetery was in sight, I dove down to it. I landed in front of the gate in my signature pose. I stood up and walked over the concrete path to open the gate. My metal suit clanked across the ground. I walked onto the now dirt path and looked around for Harry and Jay's stones. I scavenged all of the rows, all of the stones, until I found their names on the stones in front of a big tree. I ran over to them quickly. I kneeled on one knee in front of them.