PRIVATE PLANE RIDES

🕷

Peter and I sat across from each other on the private plane. Mom and dad sat on the set of seats next to us, chatting about Stark Industries.

I stared out the window, not being able to shake the freeing feeling of leaving New York. Going somewhere else. Even if it was just for a day, I felt like I was leaving all my problems behind. Just for a day.

Maybe my idea before wasn't such a bad idea... maybe going there would actually help. Give me that freedom.

But I just got back home.

"Rudy?" Peter tapped my knee lightly.

I jerked my head around to him with a hum. He looked over at dad and mom to see if they were looking. He looked back at me in concern.

"Are you okay?" He whispered lightly.

"Yeah, just kind of tired. Didn't get too good of sleep last night."

I recalled the dream. It felt so liminal. I couldn't grasp what was a dream and what was reality anymore.

Was it something dangerous?

"Take a nap." He shrugged with a supportive smile.

I shook my head frantically. "I hate naps."

More specifically, I hated sleeping now. Peter sat back on his seat, watching me carefully. I knew he knew something was up, but I wasn't sure anyone would believe me. They'd probably all just think I was going crazy, which I knew, but this was different.
Something about those dreams was... different. Whenever someone hugged me, I felt like I could actually feel them hugging me, their body touching mine.

I smiled lightly at Peter.

"Rudy, you may want to have a look at this." Monday spoke to me through the glasses.

"What is it?" I furrowed my eyebrows curiously.

A video from the news began playing.

"It has been confirmed by Jordan Fist,  that fans theories about the famous Spidergirl, now known as SpiderVenom, is in fact Rudy Parka." A female host spoke over the interview.

"Rudy Parka? Really? Doesn't she work for Stark Industries?" The male next to her questioned.

My heart beat faster as I continued listening to it.

"She does, and get this. Our friend Jordan told us that she's also Tony Starks' daughter."

"Wait - so does that mean they've been lying to us the entire time?"

"I guess so."

"Are you sure? Maybe the guy was just getting attention."

"We have video evidence from Jordan." The female host turned. "Play the video."

The screen transitioned into a phone video of me in the front of a car, talking to Jordan, telling him everything.

I froze. I didn't notice his phone. How could I not have noticed his phone?

"Wow! So Rudy is a Stark. Why would they be lying to us?"