Prologue

Fifth Year1890

Fifth Year
1890

"Hello, Sebastian," Ominis Gaunt spoke out at the outer entrance of the Undercroft one night.

The Ravenclaw student froze in place, a word not coming out of her at the scene.

Perhaps, if Y/n was quiet enough, she can sneak around the blind boy and stroll away from it. A few steps can work and he would've never noticed.

"Wait," Ominis expression furrowed at the faint sounds, "You there, I can hear you." He noticed.

How the hell did he hear my steps? They were light as a feather. Y/n had thought to herself in that second.

"Oh," Y/n breathed, not even attempting another movement, "Hello, Ominis."

Ominis Gaunt's throat almost closed at the sound of the familiar voice. How couldn't he familiarize himself with it? It was all the castle spoke about since their arrival. It almost gave him a headache.

"I recognize that voice," Ominis almost snarled, "You're the new fifth year." He forced out in annoyance.

Y/n nodded, but then took realization of the actions and cleared her throat. Once her lips parted for agreement, the golden haired boy cut in, again.

"Did you just come from the Undercroft?" Ominis frowned, "How did you get in there?"

Think, Y/n...think. Could Y/n even trust Ominis Gaunt? The only knowledge she truly knew about him was based on what Sebastian Sallow had told her minutes earlier.

"Oh, that room is called, the Undercroft?" The Ravenclaw spoke in surprise, keeping her acting skills on the loose, "Ah, well, I was exploring and—"

"Don't lie to me!" Ominis cut her off, again.

What an arrogant ass boy. Y/n said inside her own little head. The cutting in of her own sentences from Ominis bothered her and the only pity really felt was that he couldn't see her roll her eyes.

Oh, how Y/n wished he could've.

"No one stumbles upon that room!" Ominis shouted.

"Why are you yelling? You might as well tell the entire bloody school, Gaunt!" Y/n finally fought back.

Y/n didn't take disrespect, nor the treatment that was projected from Ominis Gaunt. It was unnecessary and she wasn't going to tolerate it. At all.

Ominis ignored her side comment and continuously interrogated Y/n.

"Sebastian told you, didn't he?"

Again, an eye roll came off Y/n and it gathered in with a sigh that Ominis was very clear to hear.

Ominis kept his frown.