Chapter 13 | The Pretending

"There is tension in between us,I just wanna give in," Camila Cabello

I just wanna give in,"
Camila Cabello

Y/n's Perspective

My eyes opened slower than usual the next morning. My vision was blurry and I struggled to open my sight before realizing it was because of the dry tears from last night.

Did I get any sleep? No, of course not.

Did I at least get in a dream state? How was I supposed to if all I thought about was the death of my professors and the battle?

Did I feel safe? No, well, not yet, -- and no, I wasn't thinking about Ominis Gaunt in any way within that question.

Outside the window of the blue-hue bedroom, the sun strokes through the curtains. They were fully closed, but that one lining made the light reflect on me hard, making my head feel like it was filled with lead.

I stood up carefully, wiping my eyes repeatedly, hoping that if I were to confront any Gaunt, they wouldn't take notice I was crying hours prior, but as I stood, I felt like I was drowning in emotions.

Crack.

There was this slight hope that Mippy, the house elf, would appear, but instead, I was confronted by someone else.

Gobry, a previous house elf from before, stood mid-room. He was different from Mippy. He was bigger and a natural grumpy pout described in his fat face.

"Master has told Gobry to escort you to breakfast." The house elf let out a grumpy mouth.

I stood there, blinking once at the order, and didn't give my hands. Not yet. Since when do I have breakfast with the Gaunts? Especially after I performed a shit show the previous night?

"Where's Mippy?" I asked bluntly, not moving a finger.

"Gobry does not answer questions. Give hand." He ordered again, stepping close to me.

"No," I said, "I haven't even brushed my teeth."

This didn't seem to matter to Gobry. It's not like I had a choice either, at the end of the day, it was the house elf's mandatory orders no matter what.

I let out a loud "Hey!" as the elf clutched over my clothes unexpectedly and in seconds we apparated within the home.

I felt the air rushing around me, and then we were in the dining room of the manor. The familiar forest green color wheel around the home blasted into my eyes before I looked around, embarrassingly.

My gaze drew in slow motion over the silent family that sat on the same chairs I had once seen them in one dinner night.

The fighting over me with the house elf stopped and I adjusted my posture, staring down, feeling my guard down.