Chapter 16 | The Great Escape

"You should see me in a crown,I'm gonna run this nothing town,"Billie Eilish

I'm gonna run this nothing town,"
Billie Eilish

Third Person Perspective

Marvolo Gaunt stood in a pose, watching the duo in front of him attempt an escape. He laughed at the ridiculousness his younger brother was pulling. It seemed like a game of cat and mouse that he knew he was going to succeed in.

Ominis Gaunt was already clasping his glowing wand beside him, preparing for action toward his only brother. The veins over the side of his forehead wanting to pop from the caught.

But there was a flinch when Y/n Y/l/n lifted her white wand, attempting to cast a spell on Marvolo, but there was a spark between her wand and wrist before she fussed out.

"Too late, gorgeous," Marvolo whispered out in a tease, "You thought your magic would get away in this manor after the embarrassment you pulled tonight?"

Y/n Y/l/n stood silent, but gave a strict pout at the blue-eyed man. She felt like she had failed, but her pride wasn't letting it go.

Marvolo was enjoying the fuss and failure from the girl and his body came upward again, staring again at Ominis, both of their heights nearly matching each other.

Ominis Gaunt could feel the breath of his sibling close, and he was holding back every tension to not lash out in seconds.

"Did you really think you'd be able to escape?" Marvolo asked him, "Did you really think you'll outsmart the family?"

"Let it go, Marvolo," Ominis breathed, not holding back, "You don't have to keep hiding behind that cape."

Y/n's eyes flickered to the side at Ominis Gaunt's words. It felt a little funny to think that him and her had the same mindset toward Marvolo's cowardliness. At least there was finally something in common.

"Grow up for once," Ominis disputed, his words deeper at the truth.

You can see the clenching Marvolo's jaw revealed at the words. The dark blood inside of him was boiling at the attack, but he kept his signature smirk and insulted back.

"Someone has to take over the legacy, Ominis," Marvolo shrugged in confidence, "And I am sure no blind man like you would ever be able to uphold a bloodline like this."

Ominis stood still, but Marvolo let out a soft, quiet laugh as he noticed the clenching the blind man was producing at him.

"You've been burned off this family, Ominis. You are nothing—"

In a snap, a gasp came out of Y/n Y/l/n when Ominis casted a spell over Marvolo and witnessed as he groaned out, hitting the wall on the side and sliding down in anger.